US F2P Addon Still Viable

Erithvaen

Grandfathered
Hi,

I remember when the community used to be called twinkinfo, and had an addon that allows you to talk to other twinkinfo community members. I just reinstalled WoW after a bit of a hiatus as well as the f2p addon from curse. When i logged in there were only 4 people logged in and using the f2p addon. With the lack of members online on the Aerie Peak realm and the recent name change to xpoff I would like to know if the f2p addon is still used with the recent name change and stuff. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Erithvaen

I belive its highly used on EU depends on realms and activity obviously but yes its still used

I belive its highly used on EU depends on realms and activity obviously but yes its still used
Aerie Peak is still the official server for the twinkinfo/xpoff community or am i missing something and it was just a fluke?

Sincerely,

Erithvaen

I dont play US I wouldnt know what goes around there.
I'm talking in general, last I heard Aerie Peak was the ONLY OFFICIAL server for the TI/XO community unless, something changed and they added additional official servers for the EU community members since i went on my hiatus.

Sincerely,

Erithvaen

The reason you're seeing so few people using the addons is because most have joined Veteran guilds.

At least, this seems to be the case. Most 20s are in guilds now and hang with each other.

I would try joining AP Twinks (sigh, not tinks, the site changes the word T-to-the-wink to tink automatically apparently) or CRIT or GTFO if you want a sense of community on AP.

Also, even tho the addon was used and created for AP people, other realms used it aswell. At least they did some months/years ago. I have noticed less and less people use it and the ones that do, dont like talking (??) or usually dont reply. I have tried to talk to people in many realms but I guess I joined late to the party, cause they usually arent interested :((
As Rhaellia said, you might have better luck joining a guild.

I don't think there's an "official" server for the addon anymore. And certainly the name change from TI to XPoff doesnt have anything to do with people not using the addon.

if you say so.
Didn't mean to come out rude, just wanted to make sure I'm in the right place. When i typed in (REMOVE THE EXTRA T) ttwinkinfo.com it redirected me here.

The reason you're seeing so few people using the addons is because most have joined Veteran guilds.

At least, this seems to be the case. Most 20s are in guilds now and hang with each other.

I would try joining AP tinks (sigh, not tinks, the site changes the word T-to-the-wink to tink automatically apparently) or CRIT or GTFO if you want a sense of community on AP.
How would i get about joining the Veteran Guild for this community? I don't really want to switch communities, as I really like it here and was a member previously before the name change. :)

Also, even tho the addon was used and created for AP people, other realms used it aswell. At least they did some months/years ago. I have noticed less and less people use it and the ones that do, dont like talking (??) or usually dont reply. I have tried to talk to people in many realms but I guess I joined late to the party, cause they usually arent interested :((
As Rhaellia said, you might have better luck joining a guild.

I don't think there's an "official" server for the addon anymore. And certainly the name change from TI to XPoff doesnt have anything to do with people not using the addon.
Thanks for the info and advice, what would i need to do to join xpoff Veteran guild?

Sincerely,

Erithvaen

Man... the day that demonic creation will become 100% out of date and unusable gonna be a good day.

To answer your question yes the f2p addon is still used. The reason for there not being that many people online with it is because a lot of players have gone vet and either moved to bleeding hollow or are in a guild and dont feel the need to use it anymore. Another reason is because f2p is almost dead, a lot of players that didnt go vet have quit the game or moved onto another bracket/endgame. Try your luck on AP alli, there isnt a lot but there are still a solid amount of players using f2p addon over there. Hope this helps.

To answer your question yes the f2p addon is still used. The reason for there not being that many people online with it is because a lot of players have gone vet and either moved to bleeding hollow or are in a guild and dont feel the need to use it anymore. Another reason is because f2p is almost dead, a lot of players that didnt go vet have quit the game or moved onto another bracket/endgame. Try your luck on AP alli, there isnt a lot but there are still a solid amount of players using f2p addon over there. Hope this helps.
I keep seeing people mention veteran guilds, going vet, veteran player and veteran account. What does that mean exactly?

Sincerely,

Erithvaen

I keep seeing people mention veteran guilds, going vet, veteran player and veteran account. What does that mean exactly?

Sincerely,

Erithvaen
Well you know how f2p can play for free with unlimited accounts, they made the same thing for p2p accounts aswell, which means when you run out of gametime on a subbed account you can still play your characters up to lvl 20 just like trial accounts could. When they did this a lot of players bought the battlechest for $5 and got enchants, gear and joined a guild during the first month, then when their time ran out they could still play with the new enchanted gear. The term for accounts that have run out of gametime is veteran, so if you see a lvl 20 with enchants you reefer to them as vet or veteran. This caused people to either quit or go vet.

Sincerely,

Erithvaen
Hey again :D
I think we assumed you already knew, lol. Sorry c:
A veteran account is a new type of account. Blizzard implemented a new way of playing in which you can buy the game (battlechest or idk what's the name) as if you were going to play p2p: you can get enchants, looms, join guilds, etc. and when your subscription expires, you can keep all the stuff you got and play your toons, but only for toons that are level 20 or lower, any higher toon gets locked. The advantage is that you can have an enchanted lvl 20 with all looms and never pay again, but it will have the other restrictions as f2ps do (no mail, not being able to invite, etc; when your time runs out).

That's what people call vets, people that bought the game, got all their stuff, and don't have a subscription active. A vet guild is a guild with vet people in it. If you want to join one, you'd need a p2p toon to join and lock your xp at 20, so that when your subscription isn't active anymore, you're still in the guild and are able to use tthe guild chat and stuff.

We used to have a veteran guild thread here but I think it got deleted 'cause I haven't seen it in a while. An alliance vet guild is AP Ttwinks (just with one T), if I remember correctly.

I hope I was helpful.

Yea I mean the website name nor the server have anything to do with the addon. Less people use it now because they are in guilds, like everyone has said. If you are a vet (full account but your sub is off) you can join guilds while you have a sub. This is what most do now, you can buy the battle chest for like 5 bucks which comes with 30 days free. They get their chants, join a vet guild and let their sub run out and play for free on their chanted 20s. Its the way to go.

If you want to remain pure f2p you can't join a guild. Addon and AP will still be your best shot at getting groups, just from the sheer number of people on there.

The guy that wrote the addon no longer supports it but the current version will still work fine.

Gone are the days of old, when I'd log on random servers with the add-on enabled, and make new friends.

Not that it's really a bad thing. AP f2p chat became the Mos Eisley of the twink universe.

Yea I mean the website name nor the server have anything to do with the addon. Less people use it now because they are in guilds, like everyone has said. If you are a vet (full account but your sub is off) you can join guilds while you have a sub. This is what most do now, you can buy the battle chest for like 5 bucks which comes with 30 days free. They get their chants, join a vet guild and let their sub run out and play for free on their chanted 20s. Its the way to go.

If you want to remain pure f2p you can't join a guild. Addon and AP will still be your best shot at getting groups, just from the sheer number of people on there.

The guy that wrote the addon no longer supports it but the current version will still work fine.
A pure f2p could obtain a guild - via being old or the Notorious bug.

A pure f2p could obtain a guild - via being old or the Notorious bug.
Mmh thats how I would have gotten my f2p into my own guild if I didnt have gametime on my f2p yet its restricted to f2p only but still :> It forces you to get gametime prior to vet status

f2p is almost dead
Don't be silly, Llyud. Try playing 49s, 59s, and 69s and some other obscure brackets at their least active. Now that is dead.

Playing WoW gets us a bit jaded when it comes to ideas of what is dead "Activity wise", especially those who were used to WoW at its peak activity. In comparison to other MMORPG, historically and current, most things you do will be pretty active.

I generally find a few people on at least with the addon.

Users who are viewing this thread