Yet another professions thread- 3.1 Rogue Pros n Cons

I used to have an opinion on this, bit I’d like to get the peanut gallery’s thoughts on it before I do anything.

My 19 Rogue’s professions are currently 225 Mining and 165 Engineering (Gnome character). I changed from Engineering/JC just before WotLK came out, and pre 3.1 it worked out because 1) I didn’t have my fishing hat at the time and 2) I was a FC build. Now, it seems that my days of FC are limited (unless I do a pre-made) so I’m going back to a damage build. With the exception in Assassin’s Blade and Shadowfang, I’m well-stocked on melee weapons (swords and daggers- never liked maces) and I’ve had the fishing hat for a while now (my goggles just rot these days).

So, the question is: Do I drop engineering for herbalism or skinning (and if so, which is best for a rogue ATM), and is mining still worth having in 3.1 as a “HP buffer?â€

Thanks all.

herbalism is by far the best gathering profession.

mining isn't very good. sure it's a hp buffer but it doesn't do too much. skinning isn't that great either...i'd put it about on par with mining really. it's like what, 2-3% crit?

IMO,

best: herb/eng (if you use eng consumables)

others: herb/skinning, herb/mining, herb/JC

Druiddroid said:
skinning isn't that great either...i'd put it about on par with mining really. it's like what, 2-3% crit?

So, that beggs the question then- If I switch to Herbs (I'm leaning to that) is Skinning worth dropping Mining?

i dunno, 70 hp vs a bit of crit seems pretty close. i can't say which is better.

if you're going to use engineering consumables it's better than both of those gathering professions.

in my opinion. the best profs would be herbalism and skinning, the 720hp HoT is amazing especially now due to the loss of leg armor. Skinning over mining because i would rather gain crit % and kill more people faster than having a little bit more health. I don't know what you guys think of engineering, i've never seen people really use any thing essential from engineering, unless you dont have the fishing hat and you need a helm then i would get eng. Thats my opinion on this.

yup, herb/skinning is best for a dps build.

Sound like dropping Engineering is the way to go- I guess I only fear that Blizz will slap a level req. on my fishing hat...

Well, it's always a gamble...

eng is superior to skinning if you use nades/sheep/minor recombobs/those gnome transforming things

if you just want a static buff that requires only one grindfest then skinning is good too

Users who are viewing this thread