xpoff is back again. any data valuable to help ban the practice (yet again) ffs

skinpuppet exploiting xpoff debuff yet again. i thought we successfully got rid of this exploit like 23 times. as usual report them for xpoff debuff in xp on bg bullying violation of EULA due to the direct exploitation of game mechanics.

While a twink is a twink is and i enjoy the sport as much as anyone, blizzard needs to either allow all players the benefit of the xpoff debuff in bg (which solution i prefer) or ensure the removal of it entirely in battleground

A few malicious actors ruin the entire battleground experience for EVERYONE whos involved whether on the winning side or not.

19 paying customers are being harmed by the continued permission by blizzard in favor a tiny handful of persons whos direct and willful actions violates both the EULA and common decency of behavior. this continued permission by blizzard (as demonstrated by current conditions) constitutes direct and willful derriliction of duty to protect its customer base from bullying.

The entire playerbase of battleground participants is the target of, and is harmed by the bullying behavior. The confluence of gear disparity and drastically reduced xp constitutes the means these players are using to indulge their behavoir (victimizing other players) the xp off debuff consitututes the tool that blizzard directly makes available to these malicious actors to use in their perverse and harmful action against the entire bracket (ie 10-19, 20-29, 30-39 etc) playerbase.

Attachments

• Image11.jpg
    Image11.jpg
    291.1 KB · Views: 261
Last edited:
ah
skinpuppet exploiting xpoff debuff yet again. i thought we successfully got rid of this exploit like 23 times. as usual report them for xpoff debuff in xp on bg bullying violation of EULA due to the direct exploitation of game mechanics.

While a twink is a twink is and i enjoy the sport as much as anyone, blizzard needs to either allow all players the benefit of the xpoff debuff in bg (which solution i prefer) or ensure the removal of it entirely in battleground

A few malicious actors ruin the entire battleground experience for EVERYONE whos involved whether on the winning side or not.

19 paying customers are being harmed by the continued permission by blizzard in favor a tiny handful of persons whos direct and willful actions violates both the EULA and common decency of behavior. this continued permission by blizzard (as demonstrated by current conditions) constitutes direct and willful derriliction of duty to protect its customer base from bullying.

The entire playerbase of battleground participants is the target of, and is harmed by the bullying behavior. The confluence of gear disparity and drastically reduced xp constitutes the means these players are using to indulge their behavoir (victimizing other players) the xp off debuff consitututes the tool that blizzard directly makes available to these malicious actors to use in their perverse and harmful action against the entire bracket (ie 10-19, 20-29, 30-39 etc) playerbase.
ah, the irony of my tagline from back before xp in battlegrounds even existed. back then a twink was a very different animal.

The best solution would probably be for blizz to just get rid of the shared xp debuff while grouping with someone who has xp turned off. Does anyone really give a shit at this point if a xpoff twink wants to power level their friends/alts? Even if people are selling power levels that doesn't really negatively affect the general population imo.

I'm in favor of them removing the separation entirely, but the main problem is that low level PVP is unbalanced and Blizz refuses to touch it. I guess the irony is that twinks have already been abusing broken gear and ruining BGs for several expansions now, and ruined Lowbie PVP for Twinks and Levelers alike. He's abusing a bug to get into 10-19s BGs, and you're smurfing on a low level character, and the community is way too small to really care at this point.

I'm in favor of them removing the separation entirely, but the main problem is that low level PVP is unbalanced and Blizz refuses to touch it. I guess the irony is that twinks have already been abusing broken gear and ruining BGs for several expansions now, and ruined Lowbie PVP for Twinks and Levelers alike. He's abusing a bug to get into 10-19s BGs, and you're smurfing on a low level character, and the community is way too small to really care at this point.
if xpoff was an option more players would play. wow has been aging for years, and bliz just keeps milking the end game players and ignoring or punishing anything that isnt mainstream.

Blizzard Forum posts, tickets and bug reports please

That said, it’s time for blizzard to merge the queues again. If it’s good enough for wrath it’s good enough for retail

Merging the queues like this would probably eliminate nerds like this in 10-19. (Because they’d be able to beat up on 20s again)

Oh god, classic legion.

Yeah, Legion templates were kinda annoying because you couldn't really customize or stack secondary stats, but when they first introduced it, classes were actually pretty balanced for a while. And then at some point it just went back to the Surv Hunter/Disc Priest meta. Ideally, they would just use templates for Leveling BGs, and then switch over to gear-based PVP at endgame. It's not a perfect solution obviously, but it is alot better than what we have now

Wasn't it item lvl based? Can't remember. Just remember at one point everyone runs with white and grey item with no stats but high ilvl.
Yes but even with all that high ilvl white gear, you might have had 200 hp and 1% more crit than basically another naked player

Games would happen consistently right now in all brackets if blizz just merged the queues like they did for wrath, where in classic id argue is even more gear dependent than retail

I can respect the opinions on twink legion pvp (never played endgame) but I can’t agree with it. Too much of the MMO aspect is lost when gear is irrelevant

Imo solution needs to be merging queues. I’m positive that the abusers will eventually re-congregate back to 20-29. But it gives everyone a chance to play at their desired bracket and waters down the minority abusers that are left even more

You guys think the xp debuff is keeping these try hard twinks out of pub bgs in retail??? They just gear then turn there xp back on to que. Then they leave the match before its over so they get less exp. Then they turn exp off and regear every few lvls. There just throwaway twink toons at this point.

we never truly got rid of any XPoff exploit, MOP reverse scaling made a 20 stronger that a 24 and WOD reverse gear scaling made starter greens for players strong than epics so it was not a issue, legion it did not matter, in BFA and SL it rolled the whole expac, i reported numerous players, explained the methods (several) thru GM tickets and direct via emails for reporting hacks. i did not report once and done either. still saw the same exploiters the whole expac

does it really matter anymore? denial? what you are crusading and expecting to save. at this point WOW players are scattered now, saying you play WOW doesn't mean the same thing now as the players are scattered on unconnected blizzard classic versions, retail, and various private servers

blizzard has a bad tendency of fixing a exploit and on a next hot fix for something unrelated, minor patch, or major patch players find one of the many exploits or bugs work again. blizzard comes up with systems to fix player behavior in rated PVP, BGs, MMR rigging, etc. in the past, and new major expac or patch, guess what? it's pretty much back.

anyone remember the alliance PVP vendor after a patch not having the alliance PVP trinket after a patch, took them awhile to put it back, next patch it was gone again.

WOTLK after the XP split on that patch or the one after, battlefield match making was broken, which blizzard claimed no issue. used the "maybe there aren't enough of you (twinks)? line. we had to prove we had 20+ players both factions and could not get a WSG before it was fixed. this issue occurred again on the very next patch into CATA we had to prove it again to get it fixed. and reference back we had the issue before explaining that out to get it fixed again

Twinks are always there to squeeze every possibility, and only feel satisfaction by steam roll other vulnerable players to gain superficial dopamine. Yes that was me as well for long time. It is proved that there is no way to balance across all expansions and by all methods.
Only advice I can give Bliz is to merge xpon/off, but create random AI bot indiscernible like real players, feed them into twinks queue mixed with a couple of other real players. Everyone will be happier and save the game :)

make heirlooms stronger like where were up to WoD, create a universal pvp currency that can be accessed across all characters and pvp gear vendors in every BG. Hell make the pvp vendor gear scalable heirlooms that only work in PvP. Give them decent stats with gem sockets. Gems also purchased the same way.

Twinks will always be slightly stronger but they'll mostly have gear that provides unique stat weights and distribution.

This would be a nice throwback to when players saved up honor to buy Vanilla or BC gear sets back in Cata/MoP when leveling. But more applicable to all levels.

Last edited:
Only advice I can give Bliz is to merge xpon/off, but create random AI bot indiscernible like real players, feed them into twinks queue mixed with a couple of other real players. Everyone will be happier and save the game :)
Is the game really so dead that we need bots to fill BGs now? You might be right, I think I waited almost an hour last weekend for 40-49 to pop on retail before I gave up. I guess I'll take a few bots instead of no BGs at all. But they should be clearly labeled as such...no one wants to be tricked into thinking they are playing real people when they aren't.

Oh god, classic legion.
was that the x-pac where twinks were wearing white items like tuxedo pants bc the ilvl?

I stopped doing endgame of any sort in LK when i realized it was just an endless Skinner-box. 19s 29s and rarely 39s is the only content i participate in since late BC so the changes of what happened in which xp all blur together

You guys think the xp debuff is keeping these try hard twinks out of pub bgs in retail??? They just gear then turn there xp back on to que. Then they leave the match before its over so they get less exp. Then they turn exp off and regear every few lvls. There just throwaway twink toons at this point.
honestly this is me since xp hit BGs, lvl 10-19 in the BG, delete and reroll. with BOAs you have easy scaling armor just grab new gear now and then, hit a few mobs for drops etc.

Then the warforged gear hit the scene which made with xpoff in BG they just drop 6-8hrs (or dozens of hours) onto gear runs was reasonable for them. with xp on every BG unavoidable that recipe becomes far less palatable.

Users who are viewing this thread