World of Warcraft: Shadowlands Becomes Fastest-Selling PC Game of All Time

Chops, you in the marketing business? SL/D3 = 3.7/3.5 =1.06. That's a 6% increase.
neat bait and switch but this isnt increase in sales, its a 6% increase over the previous record. Thats nothing to sneeze at.

Given that the world (and presumably gamer) population likely increased more than 6% in those 8.5 years, that number is in fact a yawner.
it has! but most of the growth has been in mobile and console gaming. PC gaming stays pretty steady year over year (though it does grow)

Yall can keep trying, but this is an unequivocally great launch.

After the first 6 months of SL the hype will die out and people will get tired of the grind. Then the last six months it will pick up and we'll be talking about the new expansion again and 849028409284028 threads will be created with the hype. Been that way since the creation of the site and twinking in-general. I do believe the stay-at-home orders ect definitely has played a role in the increased gaming on all platforms. To narrow it down specifically on "fastest" - there would be no way to prove that.

As for the twinks (20s)(50s) - I think this is our best expansion yet. Possibilities are endless. There will never be a BIS list for once. Maybe a few items being bis but that's as close as we'll get.

As for the twinks (20s)(50s) - I think this is our best expansion yet. Possibilities are endless. There will never be a BIS list for once. Maybe a few items being bis but that's as close as we'll get.
yea, this is weird xpac where I actually *hate* my end game experience and could not be more excited for my twinks. It is a very good time to be 20!

Wonder how much warcraft and wow actually brought in from subs to merch over the years
I remember reading somewhere that Blizzard actually made most of their money in licensing fees. Which is pretty astounding if you consider that even in the leanest times, they were bringing in ~15 million a month in sub money.

Users who are viewing this thread