WOD Healers

Simmeon

Legend
How are they performing in bgs. Especially monks.

Holypala least output but nice survivability
Priest high output least buttons2press
Shaman big heals nice support funny to play
Druid still ok if u like the playstyle
Monk....f2p-world needs more monks....definitely monk bis class roll monks..everybody roll more monks...............

Misty monks are probably the best healers atm, at least in terms of burst healing and mana.

As long as you have 3 chi and you can keep the channeling plus surging going the target will probably not die.
I kept myself alive against a ret a fury warrior and a rogue for a whole minute until my group got there but I could have stayed longer.

Roll plus tigers lust can be so great to quick heals off or get to LoS or simply run away.

It is definitely not a damage capable spec so if u like healing and assisting then it's the best spec.

How are they performing in bgs. Especially monks.

I'll go ahead and give you a basic idea.

Strongest 1.5 Second Cast heals:

Rsham > Disc > Hpal > Rdruid(but gives HoT) > MW(but is instant cast w/ Soothing Mist)

Strongest HoT:

MW(x10 stronger than rdruid) > Rdruid(x2 stronger than rsham) > Rsham

Strongest Instant Cast Heals

Disc > MW > Rdruid > Rsham(2% weaker than Hpal but gives a HoT) ≥ Hpal

Highest HPS:

MW ≥ Disc(debatable since disc has AoE healing) > Rsham > Rdruid > Hpal

Rshams have weak DPS
Disc has high sustained DPS
Rdruid has highest burst DPS
Hpal has average DPS(but denounce debuff is OP)
Mistweaver has worse DPS than Rsham, don't try to DPS on a Mistweaver.

Last edited by a moderator:
Agree with Mrcer 100%. I like playing my Mistweaver quite alot, but it's an interesting playstyle for pvp. I often end bgs with 100k-150k healing one, yet under 1k dmg done and near zero utility or tactical support provided to the team. It's a glass fountain.

I like my RDruid alot more, but it feels weak, healing-wise, compared to MW and RSham in terms of throughput. Also it really hates denounce.

[Edit]
I would add, if bliz ever fixes Spirited Crane stance to include http://www.wowhead.com/spell=154555 like it arguably should be, MW Monk will be ridiculously OP

I think there is definitely a "Tier List" in terms of which Heal Spec is the most effective.

However, as noted, a lot of that comes down to individual playstyle. I haven't had a problem topping charts as a Resto Druid, even though numerically they have lower base healing. Taking advantage of your Heal Spec's strong points will make any of the specs viable, based largely on individual skill.

I can really only speak for a Rdruid, and I can only really say what everyone else has mentioned. good hots. MW monk looks really strong though imo, plus it gives a nice group buff

Disc is very self-sufficient in WoD thanks to strong bubbles and respectable instant-cast/passive damage. Where they used to have to fall back on SW:p spam when something was humping their leg, they can now spam Holy Nova while SW:p and Holy Fire tick. This might not seem like a big deal on the surface, but it really opens up what disc is capable of in a pub BG setting where peels are few and far between. Having a tool to pop people out of stealth is also nice since the classes that can stealth (feral druid and rogue) are priest counters.

Holy paladins are terrible. You can safely take WoG off your bar since it heals for less than Flash Heal even though it has the same cast time. Holy Shock should be called Holy Tickle. Use it to maintain your 30% movement boost, not for serious healing. Armor was nerfed big time in WoD so they aren't very tanky against melee anymore. Then there's the complete lack of offensive potential. Playing a holy paladin without Beacon of Light sucks, but it's sucks twice as hard when the above factors are taken into consideration.

MW monks are the new healer tanks. They lack offense, but downing a geared MW monk is like downing a mini raid boss. Very fun to BG with since you can hold (but not take) points and carry flag all by yourself against overwhelming odds. Not a class for road warriors or field heroes, though.

HPal is looking terrible so far. I've not being able to do much with since 6.0

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Outside of glory making no sense now, I haven't noticed a difference at all in healing. Why glory is still an instant for ret and not holy, who knows, but overall, I'm almost always top three in heals in AV, same with my r.druid, r.sham, and priest.

Users who are viewing this thread