Will 19 twinks become popular in retail now?

Falkn

Now that 20’s are out in with 29’s and makes my ftp account not fun, will 19’s become more poplar for ftp folks?

For F2Ps, no, they will recede into PVE and do PVE stuff. 19s is already fairly popular and it takes about 1.5 hours to go from 1-19, so it might not be totally viable for F2Ps to twink in this bracket, but they can if they are willing to spend 1.5 hours leveling throw away toons.

For Vets, with the XP buff, it takes 30-40 minutes to go from 10-19 on an Allied Race. and then a few more minutes to buy ilvl 28 greens and do Wrath Enchanting.

make temporary characters and gear them with profession items from tailoring or something and enchant the gear. you can reduce the levelrequirements with relicts of the past to level 14. level a character from 14-20 and repeeat

One thing to note on 14 is the talent selection is very limited.. Even at 19 not all classes are balance.. Hunters can now rapid shot (replacing crows) instead of waiting till 20

If you are not after the victory crates at the end of a winning game, quit before game ends.. You suffer 15 mins of penalty.. But you can always make a bunch of toons to rotate them, one after another, so the 15 mins doesn't affect your play

If you are always doing something else while playing wow, and can afford to sit there and wait for bg to pop (like watching online movies at the same time) , then you can queue specific instead of random bg.. Specific only let you play in wsg or ab.. Plus leaving the game before it ends, you can play each level for a hell long time
[doublepost=1666837312,1666837205][/doublepost]
Ive never twinked and i would like to. So would it be better for me to lvl a 29 or a 19?
I am playing both 19 and 29 atm.. If you want to feel OP .. 19 is the choice

One thing to note on 14 is the talent selection is very limited.. Even at 19 not all classes are balance.. Hunters can now rapid shot (replacing crows) instead of waiting till 20

If you are not after the victory crates at the end of a winning game, quit before game ends.. You suffer 15 mins of penalty.. But you can always make a bunch of toons to rotate them, one after another, so the 15 mins doesn't affect your play

If you are always doing something else while playing wow, and can afford to sit there and wait for bg to pop (like watching online movies at the same time) , then you can queue specific instead of random bg.. Specific only let you play in wsg or ab.. Plus leaving the game before it ends, you can play each level for a hell long time
[doublepost=1666837312,1666837205][/doublepost]
I am playing both 19 and 29 atm.. If you want to feel OP .. 19 is the choice
mhm and what would be the best way to get gear because i most def cant solo dgs

mhm and what would be the best way to get gear because i most def cant solo dgs
do you have gold ? or you starting from scratch ? if you have no gold, no guild and no friends with professions .. its gonna be really tough to play this way

but if you have gold, you can get someone to craft all the gears for you, full sets, create 20 or 30 toons at a go, lvl them up to lvl14 (i explain how i produce my lvl14 and 19s) do everything you need before you open a 30 day sub .. if you know how to maximize your play, these 20-30 toons can last a long long time .. especially if you queue specific, eg. WSG .. even after you team capped 2 flags and you leave bg before it ends, your exp increases so little you wont detect the change

you can also spend about 150gold to buy a lvl14 set of gears from MOP vendor, and another 150gold to buy the lvl19 set in MOP as well .. this is the most cost effective way, but the quality of the gears are just ok, against lvlers they are good, against debuffers you can put up a fight, but will eventually die. debuffers usually use AH greens (some with sockets). if they are hardcore, they will even be strict with the secondary stats on the greens

now its a little too late to do anything, after DF releases you can check for new requirements before starting to gear up.. the 40+ toons i created after the last expac released, i havent finish using them yet (see the pic).. thats how long you can stretch

why is 19 better? because you dont often meet people with xp debuff (you meet them, but rarely) and 99% of the time you are playing with players without gears .. some of them dont even have BOA, no rings, no belt, no glove, no bracer .. if thats what you like, going around hunting hapless victims, then this is your game .. but its also good to gear a couple of your toons to the max .. because when you do meet xp debuffers you can switch to these BIS toons, then the real fight begins

how i mass produce lvl14 toons:
put BOAs on the lvl1, open another account with a higher lvl toon that has dual mount and max flying speed (i use a mage), port both to Shattrath, mount up and start flying .. use the map, let them fly from one point to another .. you will get to lvl10 easily using this method, from lvl10-14, use random dungeon. Shattrath is good, because you will not fly into the sea and die .. and you can go do your stuff, coming back to change flight path only once a while .. if you do not have multiple accounts, you can still create some kind of secondary account (i see some of my accounts having wow1, wow2, wow3 at the login page, created by my kids) and you can open the 2 accounts at the same time (this i am not sure), and i think you just need to use 1 30-day sub to be able to run both accounts. on average i can create 3 lvl10 per day using 1 pair of toons, since i mass produce them, i will use 2 or 3 pairs (6 accounts) .. i dont always want all at lvl14, so about half of them i will lvl them from lvl10 to lvl19 using dungeons, lvl19 is always much more powerful than lvl14 (in the current expac, not sure about DF, so wait for release before you do anything)

i load this pic to show you, how slow you can play each toon (if you see lvl20, it means my lvl19 ding, i dont play 20, i will lvl them up to lvl39 later, i play 39 too), i have many more such accounts, basically from the start of this expac till now, i havent finish playing all of them .. the ground work is a lot though, be prepared to buy the biggest bags, put in all the potions and food, and whatever other goodies, enough to play for 2 years if you dont want to sub .. in DF i will reduce the number of 14-19s that i am going to create .. already knowing from past experience i dont need so many

wowhunters.jpg

so the ways to get gears : Farm dungeon the old fashion way, Get crafters to make craftable sets for you, Buy greens from AH, Buy greens from MOP vendors.

all my gears are AH greens

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread