Why are twinks hated so much?

I have to confess I rarely go to the Blizzard forums but with the patch I posted a fair amount regarding the non-xp situation. I was completely taken aback by the twink haters that lurk in those forums. You would think this was a townhall meeting on Healthcare. Some of the emotional responses to what were pretty reasonable posts were incredible and if it was just one or two it might be understandable but there were entire threads dedicated to this.

Do people confuse twinks with gankers and campers? It seems there were hardly enough of us to really make a difference to the casual BGer in any event. Maybe we need to better represent ourselves out in the Blizz forums.

Either they are leveling an alt and want to bg and get rolled, or they feel twinking takes 0 skill whatsoever and people just roll twinks cause they can't pvp at 80. Also people think that all we do is twink so that we can kill lowbies rather than people of equiv. gear, but that was proved (somewhat) wrong in this previous patch where we could no longer kill lowbies. Or something like that.

honestly, i don't care much about twink haters, since i know what twinking is all about and that's all that matters. if i tell them what i think of it they will just not accept it sometimes : /

Shazzrah said:
a large majority of twinks (at least pre patch), only played a twink to own low level characters.

I think the truth of this has only now become apparent in the last couple of weeks or so. Twinks looking for a good battle now have their own BGs, but this also means that twinks looking to bully now benefit from a greatly reduced chance of finding battle twinks there to take them down.

Of all ironies, I have to wonder about how much 3.2 hurt non-twinks. Twinks may be frustrated with queue times, but we're sorting that out. There's no sorting out getting bullied by a fully-BOA equipped player of any level (to be clear, I'm not saying it's the gear, I'm saying it's the disparity between twink and non-twink gearsets).

Bwappo

This all might be true, but some twinks also have a snobby, bad attitude because they have all this gear. They feel like they need people to praise them for their 'fishing hat' and whatnot. I'm not saying all twinks are like this, because most of the ones I know are really nice. But there are a few that make me want to cry because they make our image horrible.

Twinkytoes said:
But there are a few that make me want to cry because they make our image horrible.

We probably could benefit from some better PR, although considering some of the responses you would think we were responsible for global warming.

Do you really think the difficulty in queueing is due to facerollers not playing anymore?

I played a BG today on my 70 in an xp BG today and was told to leave because I was too low level! I replied that I was under the impression that anyone could play BGs now that you could earn XP and was told to get better gear and level up before coming back.

Users who are viewing this thread