Who is genuinely excited for Cataclysm classic?

Thread title

• yes

• nah

Results are only viewable after voting.

CigNus

Bracket Tourist
Administrator
I'm unsure about the general consensus on this. I don't want it, Cataclysm isn't classic.
I actually thought cata was when we went to the mop talent system but I was wrong, however I do believe cata was when the talents were overhauled completely and "cookie cutter" specs became a thing.
I didn't twink in cata, heard it was the hype for f2p, but with queues being merged, and requiring a sub for classic content it won't be a thing unless people are self restricting :PepegaW:

I also am curious how the gameplay becomes, I've seen a couple of you explain how hunters are and it sounds like a meta I'm not super interested in lol

I don't think there's any reason to not do classic cats, even if you personally don't consider it classic. The game is 20 years old, and the main game content is mid. I personally loved my time in cataclysm and it's a great time for level 10 twinks, a incredibly underrated part of past twinking.

Cata was plenty classic. Of course it’s rather subjective since everyone’s version of “Classic” is different. But combat feels very similar to wrath, “cookie cutter” specs actually do a good job for class balance. I had mostly 70s and a 24+ 19 in cata and can tell you it felt insanely bursty at all twink levels but was balanced around everyone being strong.

I just don't see any reason for them to not do it.
This was my ultimate justification for it as well, unless they went the "plus" route with wrath instead of going to cataclysm. But I actually am pretty happy with the way they decided to go about plus with the whole "ascension light" route.

10s, 14s, 15s,16s, 18s, 19s, 24s, 29s, 39s, 49s, 50s, 69s, 70s, 79s, 80s and 84s are all gonna be viable and popping in their own right (albeit some more than others)

I for one am very excited!

ig some people enjoy getting oneshot COPIUM

Simplified talents were MOP I believe. So talent trees still exist in cata I’m p sure

That’s not to say that there won’t be cookie cutter specs even with trees lol

I’m excited to play a balance Druid at 19 again, however I know that I’ll be eating 6x explosive shots every 2 seconds by every hunter hero squad. Honestly the premade culture in classic is even worse than SL retail.

Other than that, I’m looking forward to self farming my own BOAs and not needing to have an endgame toon to get it. I refuse to take the week to level up and get boosted in some heroics

I was twinking 60s in Wrath and I vividly remember not getting the T0 chest before Cata hit. Was genuinely upset at the time (frick you, Drakkisath). Brackets will probably not be separated, don't think there will be enough players after the initial honeymoon phase ends.

Talent trees were removed with Cata. MoP then removed glyphs if I remember correctly. Maybe I'll give it a shot if only to annoy people in bgs with camouflage, those were a fun couple days before people got wise to the ability.

In the end, retail is for me. You can't go home again, after all. Regardless of what Chromie said.

I'm unsure about the general consensus on this. I don't want it, Cataclysm isn't classic.
I actually thought cata was when we went to the mop talent system but I was wrong, however I do believe cata was when the talents were overhauled completely and "cookie cutter" specs became a thing.
I didn't twink in cata, heard it was the hype for f2p, but with queues being merged, and requiring a sub for classic content it won't be a thing unless people are self restricting :PepegaW:

I also am curious how the gameplay becomes, I've seen a couple of you explain how hunters are and it sounds like a meta I'm not super interested in lol
A lot of people hated cata. I loved it. I twinked a lot. Felt good. Added a lot of QoL updates. There won’t be any F2P I think, just due to the fact that your classic comes with normal membership. 10s and 19s for me. 10 haste stacking and open world pvp was so much fun. Just personal experience was positive. I know a lot of peoples were negative though. They said it’s coming with “changes”, so I guess we will have to wait and see what they plan on changing.

I had my first foray into the F2P scene in Cata. I had a friend who made a F2P 20 and so I could still bg with him, I made a 24 Huntard.

And boy was I a Huntard with Explosive Shot……

But sadly unless they implement a F2P system I won’t be joining. If they do introduce a F2P system I will more than gladly make a 20 for Cata :cool:

It feels like people are shitting on cata because of its bad reputation endgame wise but strictly based on a twinking standpoint every class seems to get more flavor and indentity. This is xpoff.com afterall, and that’s what matters the most. Everyone also knows this time around stuff will get removed. So if you don’t do ur homework in these 6 months or so, there’s no excuse.

Users who are viewing this thread