Where's the delete thread button?

lokah

Legend
I remember a many months back everybody had the option to delete their own thread...I'm just curious as to why this was removed , I'm sure we don't have mods at 3:00 am to delete a thread that has got way out of hand.

We decided the occasional thread getting out of hand and having to be dealt with when the next moderator is available was the preferred option, compared to handing every TI user the power to delete their own threads.

In the first case the trolling is indeed regrettable, but people can at least easily choose to avoid reading or participating if it gets out of hand.

The second option would be wonderful in the case of a responsible thread author only deleting in moderation, but would be very frustrating if abused.

I personally strongly advised against it because I believe that more than a few users would start threads and silence other users they disagree with or simply do not get along with.

This would hurt activity greatly in my opinion. I think in the long run people would be disinclined to put effort and thought into writing a reply if they think it is likely to be removed at any time.

Users who are viewing this thread