EU+US Whats up with 70's?

jojoironbrow

Grandfathered
I haven't played my shaman twink since 5.4 and I came back and it looks like you can do skirms and bgs with everyone even with xp off. The only thing is gear doesn't seem to matter.. is there any point in gearing up a 70 twink now?

I made a 70 warlock twink cause they looked all fun to tweak how you want them, gems, enchants, raiding with a few other 70s trying to get gear. It's fun making one but honestly now that my lock is more or less done getting gear and gemming and stuff, I don't see a point either. I told myself it would be cool to world pvp on them but I made it a horde on the server arthas and there isn't much to pvp with. 110s are everywhere and with all the work I put in getting all that I have getting one shot by a 110 doesn't make you feel good lol...

I say do it for fun, I enjoyed making him and leveling him and raiding with him. But now that I'm basically done twinking him out...all there is to do is duel and do bgs (which ilvl reigns supreme so your sick gemmed and enchanted gear doesn't mean dog shit) and wpvp every once in a while in outlands if you're lucky enough to find someone to kill.

Just my experience.

70 is actually pretty decent in terms of PvP balance. Gear might not matter as much, but aside that, the bracket offers some good fun in terms of what spells are available at that level etc. I could be biased because my only 70 is a mage and they are just absolute gods atm.

Never got into the PvE part of 70s myself, but I guess that's an option too if you're into that jaz.

There's always gonna be fotm classes. No matter the bracket.
Yeah but the disparity is at a level where if you're not playing that specific comp you may as well not play at all. The comp has no counter and 90% of other comps don't even last more than 10 seconds against it.

The only other decent comp to its standards is Arms Warrior/Frost DK but even that just loses the moment the DK's AMS runs out.

To put it into perspective;

Against Feral comps in WoD you could at least press buttons and try to outplay them to win.

Against Frost Mage / Shadow Priest you just lose no matter what you do, because the buttons you press don't matter, if you even get to press buttons (because they have infinite CC).

It's not a coincidence that the last few remaining 70 PvP players quit with Legion. Not only is gear completely irrelevant, but you also either play Mage/SP or you don't play. Nobody wants to bother with that.

Yeah but the disparity is at a level where if you're not playing that specific comp you may as well not play at all. The comp has no counter and 90% of other comps don't even last more than 10 seconds against it.

The only other decent comp to its standards is Arms Warrior/Frost DK but even that just loses the moment the DK's AMS runs out.

To put it into perspective;

Against Feral comps in WoD you could at least press buttons and try to outplay them to win.

Against Frost Mage / Shadow Priest you just lose no matter what you do, because the buttons you press don't matter, if you even get to press buttons (because they have infinite CC).

Again, it's the same though. There will always be fotm. Be it individual specs, comps yadayada. And now you are comparing expansions instead of comparing brackets in the current expansion itself. I am also thinking in more aspects than just 2v2 skirms as well.

And your skirmish example isn't even too bad. At least the mage SP comp takes a little effort to setup some CC chains if you are to synergize it properly. Compare that to WoD feral that just dicked around and pressed bite once xdddd skillz

I am also thinking in more aspects than just 2v2 skirms as well.
Arena is the only thing that matters when talking about balance.

It's not the same thing. Being able to play your character vs not being able to do anything no matter how good you are is a big difference. When me and Dreams play Mage/SP it never even matters who our opponents are; be it veterans or new players, it's all the same thing because of how insanely broken the comp is. Most teams don't even get to do anything because of all the CC.

When we played against Feral/Priest in WoD, arguably the most broken comp in that expansion, there were options, and your skill as a player still mattered because you weren't stuck in CC 24/7 against that comp. It was OP but it wasn't anywhere near this level of OP. Part of that was that you could change your gear to specifically deal with the comps you faced; as well as generally more abilities being available so you had more options there as well.

If we had all abilities from WoD, Mage/SP wouldn't be so bad. Not having half the buttons required to deal with comps like this makes it that much more broken.

I'm sure the battlegrounds are great fun if you're playing Mage.

Arena is the only thing that matters when talking about balance.

It's not the same thing. Being able to play your character vs not being able to do anything no matter how good you are is a big difference. When me and Dreams play Mage/SP it never even matters who our opponents are; be it veterans or new players, it's all the same thing because of how insanely broken the comp is. Most teams don't even get to do anything because of all the CC.

When we played against Feral/Priest in WoD, arguably the most broken comp in that expansion, there were options, and your skill as a player still mattered because you weren't stuck in CC 24/7 against that comp. It was OP but it wasn't anywhere near this level of OP. Part of that was that you could change your gear to specifically deal with the comps you faced; as well as generally more abilities being available so you had more options there as well.

If we had all abilities from WoD, Mage/SP wouldn't be so bad. Not having half the buttons required to deal with comps like this makes it that much more broken.

I'm sure the battlegrounds are great fun if you're playing Mage.

Mage is hilarious in BG's, yes.

Yeah skirmishes are aids. I used to love outlaw fury, was fun and losing was never a big deal , because even against feral disc. We could win, was a small window but it was there. Now in legion, me and indys classes don't have any abilitys to avoid mage damage. So inc rof with mirror image or arcane mages and sp pressure. It's dumb, and don't get me started on 79 frost and 79 prot warrior comps

P.S out of thread . LF Mage / MM hunt for some fun to play arenas @ horde EU 70 theory#2243

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread