What's the point of Outlands?

Hiidden said:
There is now SW and org portals again at shatt after cata.

So why not? ^^

when did they add it? im quite sure they removed org/sw portals at shattrath in cata

Darkmoon Faire also goes to Shat. I also soloed Medium Rare achievement with the help of some guards. There's also the title and tabards as well as non combat pets. There's also vendorable items bought with JP.

Hurrx said:
when did they add it? im quite sure they removed org/sw portals at shattrath in cata

about second patch into CATA....they added portals to SW and ORG in shat and dalaran

heath said:
Aside from about a zillion corpse runs to get some exploring achievements, is there any point of going to Shat since the portals have been removed?

Other than Haalani Whiskey, that is.

achievements

flightpaths

cooking recipes

fishing

pets

Hmmm...it also just occurred to me that Outland is the best way to get first aid up to 375. Someone posted here the other day that they downed a Rare elite by pulling him into some guards. You could probably do the same with any mob that drops netherweave. You can't use the bandages, but you could still craft them to top off first aid.

...that also makes me wonder about good spots to farm Runecloth (using the same "pull to guards" trick).

edit: man, that also means you could probably farm cooking mats for the outland cooking achievements.

FA beyond 225 requires level 35, so no. Also, in order to loot, you need to be able to do more damage than the guards. While I downed the rare, and got the achieve, I did not get to loot. I also made use of LoS. He was trying to fear spam me. I judged, LoS, rinse and repeat. Of course the guards then smashed him, and I kinda laughed as I got the achieve, then was a little disapointed I didn't get to loot.

As for farming Nagrand rep, definitely possible to solo, although incredibly time consuming. If you can, I suggest you get help from a higher level.

You have to remember that the upgrade from vanilla isn't just outlands, it's also the BE and drae zones, with numerous things we can use. It's all BC content.

Users who are viewing this thread