Whats the deal with fiery?

toxic

OG
It seems all the rage amongst most rogues I see now. However I have doubts as to if its really that good. To rock duel fiery, your losing 30agility, or ~ 4.9% crit 5.9% dodge and 30 AP.

Plus alot of the people I see rolling with duel fiery, have some pretty wack spec's. I've never been one to like to rely on a enchant proc to put out dps either. But most of these guys have around 19%crit, 31%dodge and around 190=210AP depending on their build.

To me those numbers seem really low, and I don't see feiry procs making up for the loss of stats. I've been jugly around weapons and enchant combos and a few diffrent spec's and I've fell back into my original setup. Because it works.

.EDIT for those that don't want to search through pages here are my findings of what worked best for me.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, I played around with a few diffrent setups. I'll list the ones I liked that seemed to have the most burst. I didn't care for the duel fiery at all, but it is a very nice mh enchant from the many games I've done the past few days. I'll list them in order of how well I did with them. Your opinion may be diffrent but this is what works the best for me. I use a 5/5/0 spec. I was able to keep 27.26 crit and 34.55 dodge with MH fiery/ oh 15agi and around 230ap unbuffed. Not comprimizing the 30/40 i like too much.

MH. Shadowfang fiery

OH. Shadowfang 15agi

MH. Shadowfang 15agi

OH. Assassinsblade 15agi

MH. Shadowfang fiery

OH. Cruel barb 15agi

MH. Shadowfang Fiery/15agi

OH. Theifs Blade Fiery/15agi

toxic said:
It seems all the rage amongst most rogues. However I doubt its really that good. To rock duel fiery, your losing 30agility, or ~ 4.9% crit 5.9% dodge and 30 AP.

Plus alot of the people I see rolling with duel fiery, have some pretty wack spec's. I've never been one to like to rely on a enchant proc to put out dps either. But most of these guys have around 19%crit, 31%dodge and around 190=210AP depending on their build.

To me those numbers seem really low, and I don't see feiry procs making up for the loss of stats. I've been jugly around weapons and enchant combos and a few diffrent spec's and I've fell back into my original setup. Because it works.

Dual fiery, in my experience, is probably the best for burst dmg. Which if you combine that burst you get with them and get an addon like Quartz that gives you swing timers then you can do 'joust' style combat (with melee only as an example.) Like you're fighting a rogue jump into the fight with fresh swings and then jump out (tricky to get use to and doesn't generally work on great players but it works on 95% of them.) Just do this coninuously and the advantage the player with +15 agilx2 had with more consistant dmg is outwayed by your 'joust' like playing style with the burst of dual fiery.

I suck at explaining things but I hope I got the point across. You do more dmg with full energy with duel fiery than you would with full energy with 15agilx2 is my point. It's using that to your advantage that is tricky. Another thing that is useful is the fiery actually works to push back the heal of a player more because it is a seperate attack. Also the whole pally bubble thing because the fiery proc isn't physical (but I don't really count that one.. up to you.)

there ya go.

fiery -> 7ppm -> 7x40=280 -> 280/60=4,66 -> 4,66x0,81=3,774dps

can crit

not reduced by armor

the dmg dealt is increased by instant attacks like SS

15 agi -> 1,07dps and some crit, dodge and 30armor.

at least the MH that deals the instant attack should be fiery. pure dps will dual fiery, in duells maybe lifestealing/agi and some rogues prefer agi/agi in RvR.

exact math can be found, dont want to search or do it again.

Unless your super good at using terrian and your openent doesn't know, I don't see the initial burst of duel fiery bursting down the duel agi rogue. Unless their sub and can play dirty. Who know's I'll give it ago on one of my weapons sets. I just hate to see my crit and dodge drop. From my "baseline" 30/40 is what i prefer.

If anyones in ruin, I'd be happy to do a 1v1 arena and see

toxic said:
Unless your super good at using terrian and your openent doesn't know, I don't see the initial burst of duel fiery bursting down the duel agi rogue. Unless their sub and can play dirty. Who know's I'll give it ago on one of my weapons sets. I just hate to see my crit and dodge drop. From my "baseline" 30/40 is what i prefer.

If anyones in ruin, I'd be happy to do a 1v1 arena and see

Just please don't be one of those rogues who has fiery on a fast weapon

is he talking RvR now? or pure duells?

dude, every situation got its BiS enchants...

xposure, lifestealing is all good in duells and PuGs as you can not count on a healer and LS is 60HP difference you<->opponent and not just 40.

Fiery math:

Using 2.2 speed;

In 44 seconds, 31 chances for it to proc, including Sinister Strike.

It will proc about 5.71362 times in those 44 seconds.

17.314% chance to proc with a 2.2 Speed Weapon attack every 1.4193548387096774193548387096774 seconds.

Overall, Fiery will add 4.8794000000000000000000000000002 DPS.

15 Agility adds 2.410714285714285714285714285713 DPS overall. This includes 1 SS every 4 seconds. What this means is that in the Mainhand, Fiery is far superior on almost all weapons.

That's only for 2.2 speed. However, Fiery will add more regardless. Take note that with -24% hit in your offhand and with fast speed, Fiery may be worse than 15 agility.

well as smart rogs use a CB (SF) with fiery OH, the speed is no issue.

-24 + 5 (gear) and maybe + 5 (talents) is -19/-14 -> 81%/86% hit

is toxic talkin RvR, duells or dps now??? i dont get it.

i prefer duel 15 agil i just can't see the fiery doing anything cause i tried it dnt seem to see much happening so gotta <3 duel weild 15 agil in my oppinion. =)

Personaly in almost all pugs, i find a duel fiery kind of irelevant because your going to get 2v1'd almost 100% of the time, and almost gauranteed one of them being a kiting class, so i use Fiery on my MH, with a 15+ Agility OH, really nice set up for me, and increases the chance also of your fiery proc critting, right Iat? And @Bansil, dont use Fiery OH, you get a higher proc rating with your MH.

Twinkzruz said:
P@Bansil, dont use Fiery OH, you get a higher proc rating with your MH.

OH -> 24% miss -> softcap -> 19% miss -> 81%hit

fiery -> 7PPM -> 280dmg/min -> (0,81x280)/60 -> 3,78dps on OH

15agi -> 1,07dps mitigated by armor.

but you are right. for solo puggin a 15agi OH can be superior. so is lifestealing on MH.

but thats not a general statement...there are a lot of situations dual fiery is still better.

No.. But that was my point on the post above that you replied to, you know?

'@Bansil, dont use Fiery OH, you get a higher proc rating with your MH.' <-- That.

Users who are viewing this thread