What would you want back?

WSG

OG
Just curious to see where people draw lines in terms of gear and whatnot.

If Blizzard came and told you that they were putting you in charge of developing twink gameplay, what items/enchants/abilities would you restore to the 19 twink scene? This can be anything from known exploits to simple things that just got nerfed due to end game balance but affected twinks.

Personally, I want back the following:

1)Fishing Boots.

2)Librams.

3)+100 health Enchant (not that I used it much, I always liked +4 stats, but this change just seemed way too random)

4)Stat Scaling that created things like dodge rogues and level 10s that rocked.

5)Naxx 60. If Hemet Nessingwary can be two places at once, so can Naxx.

I would not bring back:

1) Shoulder Enchants other than Naxx.

2) Leg Kits. You can make due with a libram like we did back in Vanilla.

3) 450 Professions.

4) Enti's.

Librams

100hp

Professions

Leg kits

Zg/Naxx shoulder enchants

Those were things that allowed you to gear more freely and specialize. Helped you to be unique. They were also things that showed different levels of dedication. Also they were something everyone could get (Professions/Naxx before grandfathering obviously).

IMO removing the Librams, Shoulder chants and Leg Patches hugely benefited twinking. It meant that people couldn't stam stack as easily and just outlast opponents. I mean seriously, they would beat multiple other twinks just by having more health than them. This did two things. It made the skillless scrubs who just twinked to kill everyone leave, beacuse they realised they suck hard without their precious HP. For the people who remained, it made them play better as they had to use skills to survive.

rishi said:
IMO removing the Librams, Shoulder chants and Leg Patches hugely benefited twinking. It meant that people couldn't stam stack as easily and just outlast opponents. I mean seriously, they would beat multiple other twinks just by having more health than them. This did two things. It made the skillless scrubs who just twinked to kill everyone leave, beacuse they realised they suck hard without their precious HP. For the people who remained, it made them play better as they had to use skills to survive.

I agree to a certain extent, but I felt that Librams did not go over the top. I mean, at most, you could gain an extra +200 HP and they were not very exclusive. Any level 50 (50!) could complete the quests for +8 stam or +100 HP, and they weren't any more expensive than the other enchants (well, atleast +8 stam wasn't, some servers had to pay a high premium to get the Libram of Constitution rather than Voracity).

The Naxx shoulder chant gave 160 HP, but considering the difficulty in obtaining, I think that's reasonable. I guess I am sort of on the fence about this one. I thought they were cool when using them meant having white shoulders. With the addition of BoAs, it meant that you could have this overpowered enchant on the BiS shoulders, but you MUST have an 80. That doesn't fit really well with twinking. Yeah, as much as I like the Naxx stuff, I have changed my mind, I'd get rid of them, too.

Or better yet, get rid of BoAs and keep Naxx Chants for White shoulders. Since most BoA gear gives an experience bonus, I would just tie it to that. If a twink turns off Exp gains, all BoAs go red like the Fishing Boots did in the last patch. You would have to have Exp turned on to gain any benefit from the stats BoAs. I would love that change. And ALL my twinks have BoAs. I wouldn't care, level the playing field.

But I completely agree that the +40 stam to legs with +30 stam to shoulders and +50 stam from mining made things get a little out of hand. Now your talking about 1200 HP.

I don't mind them taking things like the shoulder enchants + leg armor that was easy for any scrub to get, but plz plz plz give me back those fishing boots that took me months to get :cry:

give me back the ability to use Hand of Reckoning on players in PvP, that's all I ask

bring everything back except:

Entis

450 profs

mabe nethercleft/cobra? it would be fine to ahve the librams on legs, but the armor kits are way too OP

I would scale BOA to be worse than the gear you can get from WC ect. They are for leveling and shouldn't be the best imo.

I like it the way it is tbh but not everyone can get BOA which is what twinking is acctualy about (non twinks being able to fully twink without having a main). Can you tell I don't have a 80 =p but thats my opinion and i'll stick too it.

I am intrested in about why people think leg kits/proffs were "op". Where goes the line? Compared to what are they op? If we are talking purely about twink v twink you cant say they are overpowered when anyone could get them, right? If I have 2k hp and so does my enemy and I am not op compared to him, we are equals in that matter. If they are op compared to non twinks, wouldnt now be time to want them back since they wouldnt be problem that way after 3.2?

^^^ 50 stam from mining + 40 stam from leg kit + head chant (which shoudl be fine) is double the hp we have now, IMO that should not happen, if thats all your doing, stac king stam and sitting there with 4 twinks on you, that should not happen, it should be made so 2 dps classes can kill a healer and a tank if played right, if they both have stam like crazy, ti would just be a 5 min battle with the FC and healer taking little to no dmg

Theme said:
I am intrested in about why people think leg kits/proffs were "op". Where goes the line? Compared to what are they op? If we are talking purely about twink v twink you cant say they are overpowered when anyone could get them, right? If I have 2k hp and so does my enemy and I am not op compared to him, we are equals in that matter. If they are op compared to non twinks, wouldnt now be time to want them back since they wouldnt be problem that way after 3.2?

A libram on best-in-slot BoP blues has style.

Green monkey pants from the AH patched up with a kit that has 5 times the amount of stats as the pants themselves felt kind of lame.

That's just my personal opinion. If your opinion is that 40stam/12agi pwns and +100 HP blows, I can understand where you are coming from.

That's just my personal opinion. If your opinion is that 40stam/12agi pwns and +100 HP blows, I can understand where you are coming from.

Nah librams on legs would eb sufficient for me. I jsut loved the way you could gear for different purposes using different legs with different leg enchants, even if the real difference with 5/5 tiger and 8 stre was minimal, it was something I enjoyed. If librams where there without leg kits that would propably be just as good. Part of the thing I loved was that you could go from 3k hp to 1400hp and really feel the difference in your dmg out put. Nowdays its from 1800 to 1000hp and you hardly notice it since your mostly trading 3 agi with 8sta to get there. You cannot optimize your gear same way since you mostly will need to gear for stamina to be viable, gearing isnt as diverse thats what I am after I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread