What is better for mages, paiies and shammies? 30 SP or 22 int?

If you wan't to take all out of those chants, use the 22int one till you've used up that 330 mana, then change to a weapon with 30sp. You'll need to get double the amount of heirloom weapons, though, but what wouldn't you do to perfect your twink!

Last edited by a moderator:
22 intellect=22 sp, probably 1% crit or something (I really have no idea how much crit 22 int gives @ 19 but w/e) and 220 mana before any class talent buffs, 30sp is just 30sp, 22 int is pretty much better in most scenarios except for a glass cannon set I suppose?

Yeah INT does give a lot more benefit with the enchant, but after that 330mana has been used, it's basically 1% spellcrit, some mp5, 22sp vs 30sp. I would say the 30sp at this point is a marginal increase for healing/dps. Generally just use the 22int, though, if you don't feel like swapping items around a lot!

I use 30sp as shammy/lock/mage as none of those classes have major mana issues (sham's spells are dirty cheap and have thunderstorm which returns 8% of your mana, mages have evocate and locks get life tap) pallies need it though as their spells (FoL/Exo) are quite expensive!

There arent that many buffs left that need to be purged lol- at the start of the game you might have two or three people who zone in fully buffed but after that it's pretty much just AGMs and priest bubbles, which if you have more then one hunter on your team are pretty hard to catch

Last edited by a moderator:
i can't understand why you would take 8 sp over 1.3 % crit, especially if ur spec/class benefits from 100% more damage upon crit.

i can't understand why you would take 8 sp over 1.3 % crit, especially if ur spec/class benefits from 100% more damage upon crit.

Really depends on the class. I would take 8 spellpower over ~3.67 crit rating any day.

After talking to Niini a few days ago I've actually been leaning towards a more spell powered gear base. I have 25-30 more spell power than I did in my other set with the sacrifice of 5% crit, 60hp and quite honestly, I still crit as frequently and significantly higher. Thus, using 30sp over 22int on a Shaman.

Like Niini said, our abilities barely cost any mana at all, other than purging people that are fully buffed in the beginning of a game, we can practically go through a whole game without going oom.

Users who are viewing this thread