What Am I Missing?

Hattted

Legend
According to Cata talents, a fire mage specing something like this could just run away from everything and kill everyone using only scorch for damage. Frost nova, blink and bubble to escape, 4 abilities...

Using those talents, Scorch would be a shoot on the run and NO MANA COSTING.

You can take gear adding as much Stam as possible, not needing nearly any int.

So tell me, what am I missing, this can't be true, or think they'll change it before / as soon as cata hits?

Sounds too good to be true, but I dont see any bigger problems with this for battlegrounds, atm.

WtfOP?

10chars

I may be wrong, but I thought mages lose mana shield at 39. Thats a bit of survival loss, I know now its not a big deal and it seems like you can play around it. But my guess is after its removed the way people play against mages will change, as you can be more aggressive towards them, and mages will have less escape options.

Only other question is why not go frost, especially with elemental to give more control cone of cold freezing in place and Ice lances for mobile damage?

Seems like you might have better survival that way.

Lots of extra damage is coming in cataclysm as well. So the loss of mana shield wouldn't seem as bad as it might be.

Users who are viewing this thread