Well, that's enough from me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Masara

Legend
Today has been the most atrocious I've ever experienced in F2P, both in terms of losses (and I've lost plenty of games before) and the presence of 24s.

WSG: Won 7, tied 1, lost 15. 24s: Alliance 18, Horde 42.75 (there was a 23)
AB: Won 3, lost 6. 24s: Alliance 7, Horde 20

Most humiliating part of the day? well, there were so many, but probably when the two of our 24 rogues in the game in which Alliance had four 24s just graveyard camped. Horde won it 3-0.

I suspect I will not do PVP until the patch comes into effect, and maybe not after then.

Last edited by a moderator:
If it makes you feel any better, 24 rogues are essentially being neutered in 5.0.4. so thats one annoyance that will be gone, at least for awhile.

I've never played this many games in a single day before. The only reason that I kept on after the first fifteen or so was to see exactly how bad it was, to be honest - and it was worse than I imagined!

Of those 32 games, only 6 didn't have any Horde 24s at all. 16 games didn't feature 24s on the Alliance side. That's not looking very random - especially as there was a pretty constant variance of those 24s throughout the day. I think, possibly, several Horde 24s played .three WSGs in a row against me, but that was about it. Horde had more 24s than Alliance in 25 of the games. Overall Horde had 2.5 times the Alliance 24s.

There were a couple of reasonable games, but 18 of those WSGs were either 3-0 or 0-3. In only a pitiful 3 out of 23 WSGs did the losing team get any flags at all...

And yes, I know this was just one day, so we can't read too much into the figures, but if the proportion of 24s in the bracket continues to creep up as it seems to be on average, it may get less fun still. Maybe removing some of the power of 24 rogues will make a big enough difference - I spotted at least six different Horde 24rogues yesterday, as well as at least four Alliance ones. Will people just create more 24 druids, though? Time will tell, I suppose.

When pugging last few days I have also noticed an increase in 24's
when MoP comes, most of 24's will go on their 85's so hopefully we'll have some time to play with mostly 20's

When pugging last few days I have also noticed an increase in 24's
when MoP comes, most of 24's will go on their 85's so hopefully we'll have some time to play with mostly 20's

This

DUDE! There will less 24s when they are busy discovering new things. All of us have noticed a tremendous increase to 24s lately. Nothing you can do, I'm afraid.

@ Masara :

- you're so cute with your running and stealing flags both in AB/WSG.I could almost hug you each time i breathe behind your neck.

- doing zero DMG or HEALING but nevertheless very active with the flags,it's like the flag is your ''precious''

- you're like the Alliance version of Maratian without the Moonfire and emotes.

- is there a little fluffy ''Masara'' action figure that i can buy ?

Hugs,Kisses and Broken fingers,

Alphasky. :)

Oh Alpha...

If only you did just try to hug me! Instead you are a very bad person. But, to be fair, you're a bad person to everyone.

Yes, I would never deliberately hurt anyone. Hurting is bad. I wouldn't heal anyone who is out to do bad things, either. But healing someone who has a flag is okay, because taking a flag isn't hurting anyone. It's just removing from them a source of their martial pride. Martial pride is bad.

Well, flags are the the primary objective. It's not as if you win by killing people (although it would make things easier, I suppose).

I also like flags a lot, because I can take them away and do something useful with them. I've made a tent canopy between some trees, although I had to take off the Horde symbols. It's quite big now and looks very nice, I must say. You are not invited to visit it, because you are a bad person.

We are very different. I respect Maratian's dedication and achievements - but many of them involve doing bad things.

If there were a Masara action figure it would be an empty base, possibly with the words "Huh? Where did she go?" written on the edge.

play during school hours for the best chance of decent games. once school gets out you will see games get worse and worse.

play during school hours for the best chance of decent games. once school gets out you will see games get worse and worse.

Working in an educational establishment makes that tricky...

Grass is greener on the other side. Right?

No. Tediously crushing the opposition isn't fun, it's just a bit better than being on the end of it.

Masara m8,

listen very carefully :

GO OUT AND GET LAID !!!

Come back as a normal person and then will talk ...........

Alpha, Masara is a role-playing character, not a twink. She's on an RPPVP server for a reason. I thought you'd got that, which is why I replied to you in a role-playing way...

That doesn't mean that I don't take the way the game plays reasonably seriously. It's just that I play by certain restrictions.

Now I got it!

You wanna make people think that horde it's so full of 24 that it's stupid to play alliance,

this way your zillions nelf/human hunters (that didn't pass last year pwning 600 hp orc boys eh) will re-roll horde and quene times will drop...

With even quene times maybe 24 twinks will think again wich faction choose (my bad, In this conversation I never said that I think horde got more 24 just for 2 min quene times...but i think it was very clear to everyone)

Evil plan!

Maybe it works:D

That plan's so cunning that I couldn't come up with it myself! Must have been my subconscious evil genius, and not just me whining...

Well... Masara is right.... EU F2P Alliance PUGs... have some bad baaad days... H EU has shitloads... of dedicated 24s. Alliance has few dedicated 24s... and most of them are pretty bad too. You don't need to destroy yourself... by playing every game. I just leave the battleground and fish for the turtle 8->, farm some reputation, "chase" achievements. ( Maybe it's just my bad temper ). I like RP too :)...to bad I am not on a RP server.

You are one of the few FCs I can trust... We will miss you. Goodluck !

Yeah, I've bailed out numerous times - I used to play until I lost, which meant for some pretty short days. But that time seemed so disproportionate that I wanted to see how long it would go on for, and it just didn't end!

Thanks Thor, although because of my own actions I'll never be as good as someone like Poledancer.

Hopefully after the patch some of the issues will be resolved, but I can't help thinking that it will just be a change of emphasis. We'll see, though...

To be serious, it's missing an info, and an important one:

The language servers your 24 numbers where from.

I mean as english server you don't quene with spanish or french ally team that have at least 1 24 every single game since almost 6 months ago,
the same way maybe you are facing horde spanish or french team with high numbers of 24,

So can you say the numbers of 24 of just english servers?
Else you have to roll horde and get the numbers of ally french/spanish teams.

Masara, you supposed to be used to 24s till now, how i did get used with A24s long ago. Just get over it. Btw i like your playstyle. Respect

To be honest, while I could have checked which servers they were from each time, I'm not sure it would serve any real purpose. I only bothered keeping track of how many 24s there were in order to back up the point that, at the moment, the Horde has a significant numerical advantage in them.

I'm certain that several were French and that there were probably a couple of Spanish. In the end, though, the place of origin isn't that important to me.

Thanks delian. It's not that I'm not used to them (I have played quite a lot over the last few months!) it's just that it was extreme in terms of the number of 24s that showed, even for recent weeks. The level of not fun involved was too high. I like to play to win, but I don't mind losing if it's a good game. Very few of those played that day were good from my point of view, and being over-run by 24s (averaging 20% of the Horde characters) was too big a part of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread