Warrior set up help

killjoy

Legend
Ok so i have a warrior not bis yet trying to get there
and i was having some questions on how to set up burst on my warrior
i had a duel on my paladin bis and was dueling a warrior orc bis
we had just initiated the duel and not even 3 seconds in all of my prot pallys health was gone all 1.3k
no lie and i like playing warrior and was wondering if anyone had any macros that work on bursting someone down
cause as it stands i literally in every pvp match run around the person so much and dont get the burst i want
hitting all the abilities i can and i still dont burst ppl down it takes a while even with a charge on them
please any tips would be most appreciative
macros way to increase it anything

macro bloodthirst/heroic strike together to hit both inside the 1 sec stun of charge. You need to use battle shout before duel starts to have enough rage even with the charge.

If there are mobs where you are dueling you could kill one to get a victory rush proc, those hit decently hard at no rage cost, and heal you for 300-400.

Prot pally BiS @ 1.3k hp?

Anyways OT... your warrior is fury spec correct? If not switch to fury.

If so keep Piercing Howl up at all times - make sure they play your game not the other way around.

Keep Rend up on rogues and feral doodads.

Warrior is very gear oriented so you may have a much better time of it when you gear up a little.

Note - focus on obtaining your BiS weapons first.

My warrior toon has no BoAs and still does quite well.

Keep at it amigo! With MoP you will see a dramatic improvement with charge in combat.

Last edited by a moderator:
Salve killjoy!

I would like to apologize for Mialo's & Alphasky's behaviour. They are good players , they know the class, but they also like to /flex around. I don't know much about warriors but a I know there is a guide here : Keyser's Warrior Guide. You can find some nice tips from Mialo & Alphasky there too. Next time you can ask a question here : http://www.twinkinfo.com/f2p-twinking/31184-questions-do-you-have-simple-question-ask-here.html .

Some armories :

Warrior : Guide

Alliance

Horde
ArmsFury

Kincaide
Mirenelle
Oxygén

Goldendaiz
Mialo
Protection

Hitmeplease

@ Mialo & Alphasky... Since you guys have shitloads of skill .. you can edit your replies. Thank You!

Have Fun killjoy ! :)

My post had nothing to do with his question. Just the way he posted it. If he wants an decent answer, he can atleast try to make it a clean and good to look post with punctuation and a minimum amount of spelling mistakes. Why would we take the time to write out a full post if he doesn't take a small amount of time to write out a good post.

Well, on topic:

First of all; don't use Battle Shout before a duel starts. I'll try to work around a duel against a Paladin.
So, open with a Charge - Piercing Howl - Rend. This is the basics. You got a good amount of Rage now. You will rely on burst to get a decent Paladin down so you'll want a full Rage bar and all your CDs ready. Keep on putting pressure at the start (pref with DW). He'll probably HOJ to get a clean and easy heal off. If you can work around of LoS etc, and are Nelf, don't trinket this one yet (unless he starts exospamming). Once our of HoJ, you'll probably have full rage and CDs ready: PH, Rend, Lifeblood/Racials, Bloodthirst + Heroic Strike, Battle Shout, Thunderclap, Heroic Thrown, Bloodthirst + Heroic Strike, Execute.

This should get a kill on almost every healer. And its a burst in a 5s window.

Some other tips:
- If someone is healing, and can't interrupt it, kill him and he just gets full hp again, run away and try to get a charge off.
- Start a duel against Rogues with Shield and in Defensive Stance
- Use SM - Charge as interrupt.
- Try to stay in the backyard so you don't get dodged/parried.

If you have any other questions: atleast try to write it out more clear and so do others will take their time to help you. Earn respect by showing respect to others.

Good luck on your hunt.

PS: you have no chance as warrior against any decent Pal.

Yes the post is one huge question mark cause of the way it was put together,also his questions got lost a bit in that fuss of a text.

Mialo's advice on how to approach a prot pala is more then ok for starters,try and practice it that way,and after some time and experience you will see if you'll change some things.

The way i do it is this : after i charge him off i do a BT followed by a rend (and still have time for PH) - i do that cause couple of things which have proven worthy :

1.BT often crits and gives me nice rage for further burst ,not to mention half of them shits their pants and screws up their CD's-which gives me 50 % more chance of a win.

2. A bad prot pala will start a duel with a silence after you've charged him and he's just wasted it cause you won't be effected by it .

3.I also circle around him fast and agile like i was a rogue,that often works and in that situation i only use only BT and rend till execute comes along.

4.When the OP'ed son of a bitch goes into his bubble try to LOS him or get some distance so I'm out of combat and am ready to charge him again.

At the end of the day you can't win against a good prot pala,they simply have to much abilites on which our class has no anwser to.

These are all the things you can try - and remember it's not just about your or his abilites - everyone plays a bit diff. ,try to notice that in opponents you meet on everyday basis and then adjust your approach accordingly.As i mentioned on some occasions there is no need for PH.

As for macros i don't use them, try them and see how they feel - but don't let your skill suffer cause of them !

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread