Warlock spec?

myles

Legend
what is the best warlock spec now

TheLuckyg said:
wouldn't that be like 2400 damage in 7 seconds?

That's not to mention the damage from the rolling DoT's, which are hitting about 150 every 3 seconds. I would really like to see an updated video of Destro Warlock damage and Searing Pain from the Twinkinfo channel.

Aswell as that, how are they on Mana etc?

TheLuckyg said:
So 225 lifeblood + soulburn + searing pain spam doesn't do as much dmg as i thought? The guy in the video doesnt even use lifeblood.

Even if they all crit for say...350's, you could probably still squeeze 5 casts in those 6 seconds with the 6th having a high crit chance do to Imp searing pain. follow all that with conflag

wouldn't that be like 2400 damage in 7 seconds?

Yea, 'cause people with brain would totally let you stand there, and spam for 6 seconds straight.

Splenderp said:
Yea, 'cause people with brain would totally let you stand there, and spam for 6 seconds straight.

You're implying 6 Seconds is a long time, Hunter's do it all the time in PuG's so why can't Warlocks?

Locks have fear to put some distance between them and Melee, with Fear alone I bet any Warlock with a brain could set up a nuke like the one in the video.

notoriousthf said:
The opponent did nothing but heal himself.

What's your point? Like I said before, it wouldn't be hard to get a 6 Second Window to free-cast on your opponent if you have a brain. At most you'll get hit with some push-back if you're fighting a ranged class (Excluding Wind Shear).

Tauntz said:
What's your point? Like I said before, it wouldn't be hard to get a 6 Second Window to free-cast on your opponent if you have a brain. At most you'll get hit with some push-back if you're fighting a ranged class (Excluding Wind Shear).

The opponent was a holy paladin. If it went on the offensive, WoG would always be up from HS and crusader strike, and high crit chance at low health. HoJ, Judgment, HS, Lifeblood and a couple exos would be enough to bring you down.

Affliction for survival.

Destro for burst dps. (Although I have managed to survive just fine)

Demo for.. fun? Would maybe be more viable if pets didn't get 2 shotted. My least fav spec atm.

Destro > Affliction, imo.

notoriousthf said:
The opponent was a holy paladin. If it went on the offensive, WoG would always be up from HS and crusader strike, and high crit chance at low health. HoJ, Judgment, HS, Lifeblood and a couple exos would be enough to bring you down.

Open with a Fear to get some distance before you apply some DoTs. As soon as you Fear, start casting your Fear again in case he trinket's the first. Apply DoTs Agony > Immolate > Corruption, fear will break and the pally will probably go for a Holy Shock on himself - which there is really no way to stop so just ignore it and start the Lifeblood > Searing Pain's, if you're fast enough you can likely use Fear to interrupt a FoL. Spam some more Searing Pain's and you should be able to get the damage shown in that video (If it hasn't been nerfed).

HoJ - Trinket

Exorcism - AGM to mitigate damage and and push back.

If you're aiming for the actual kill, you may want to leave Lifeblood out of the first rotation and hope he uses both Lifeblood and HoJ. Wait for Lifeblood and Fear DR to run out (Kite him maybe) then start the rotation and use Lifeblood this time. I'm not saying Destro could take a Holy Pally down like he did in that video if he was actually doing something, I'm saying it wouldn't be hard to get the same damage output if you get a lucky fear path and a FoL Fear interrupt.

Edit: Nerfed...

Conflagrate: Now only deals 60% of your Immolate's periodic damage, down from 100%.

Improved Searing pain: Now only works when your target is below 25% Health, down from 50%.

Soulburn: Searing Pain: Now increases your Searing Pain critical strike chance by 50%, down from 100%/50%, but lasts 6 seconds instead of having '2 charges.'

I think Destro would still be viable, and Soulburn: Searing Pain is still very good - but the damage in that video is nowhere near accurate to what it will be now.

Users who are viewing this thread