Valari - 19 Paladin

Ok so I pretty much have all my sets covered to my preference, except for one. My arena set. I've been getting into the arena more and more as of late, coming up against some fairly skilled players, and am looking to change my gear/spec to accomidate that.

At the moment, I'm rolling with something like this: chardev.org v6 ~ a World of Warcraft character planner

Professions need work, for arena's would Herbalism/Mining be a good choice? I also need a second AGM but I'm working on that.

So I was thinking the main thing that bothers me is rogues. I was considering replacing a lot of the gear with mail instead, and perhaps a bit more health. ATM I had in mind Defender tunic of the eagle, defender gloves of the eagle & maybe even rough bronze shoulders. Perhaps also caretakers cape and 9 stam on bracers.

Any thoughts on what I should change? also feel free to comment on spec, was thinking a 0/10/0 spec might be good with perhaps a different glyph.

I mainly play holy but want to survive & do a bit of damage at least because I often queue solo. Have a +22 int butchers which I start in aswell & a 7 stam shield aswell.

I don't think paladins make very good healers in a PuG. Maybe in a premade. Just my opinion. However:

+7 stamina to shield, your current enchant is garbage.

[ITEM]21933[/ITEM]. You don't need agility as a healer.

+7 stamina to boots, you won't be chasing anybody down.

I would also choose engineering, just as a form of crowd control. Hand of Freedom + [ITEM]4380[/ITEM] will give your FC a good lead on opposing players.

get more "of the eagle" mail greens, your dressed like a priest cept you have no instants (this means you'll drop like a stone under pressure). You can wear mail, so wear mail. leather at the very least.

Grunge said:
get more "of the eagle" mail greens, your dressed like a priest cept you have no instants (this means you'll drop like a stone under pressure). You can wear mail, so wear mail. leather at the very least.

I have to disagree with you on this one. Picking up eagle mail boots and gloves drops a chunk of spell power (+15 in this case) that's pretty critical, especially for the paladin's slow and rather inefficient heal.

Anyway, two words for an arena healer: stack regen.

If I were rolling Horde, I'd advise Inferno Robe, +6 mp5, but obviously that's not an option for Alliance. I'm a little hesitant to dissuade you from Tree Bark Jacket because of the large intellect boost, but in this case, taking an eagle mail chest might be your best bet. (If you're concerned about mana, put +100 mana on it.)

Unsure about your access to BoAs, as you haven't used them in your chardev, but if you can use them, by all means do. Go with Mystical Pauldrons of Elements (in my opinion, better than the specialized paladin ones) and the Devout Aurastone Hammer. Get a pair of the hammers, and swap out a +22 intellect (for your first casts) and then +30 spell power (once you've burned that 330 mana)

Go with Arctic Buckler, as well. For the small amount of Intellect that you lose, you gain about 150 armor. The spirit buff will also aid with the mana regen, and that will bring your out-of-combat mp5 up to 34.

Lastly, now that you've buffed your spell power elsewhere, drop the +15 spell power on your bracers (or at least set them aside) and get a pair with +4 mp5. (You may find it hypocritical to keep the clothie spell power items, but as you can't add mana regeneration to those items, I think it's justifiable to keep them, and ditch the SP enchant here.)

This allows you to, in the end, carry about the same amount of health and spell power, have an extra 330 mana from the +22 intellect hammer, and dramatically improve your mana regeneration. (You may also want a Blessed Hammer of Grace with +20 spirit to increase your mana regen outside of combat, but in Arena that's not really practical.)

All that said, I think a paladin healer will be very difficult to pull off in an arena. If you really want to be healing in an arena, roll a priest and stack mana regen items. Building correctly, you can reach almost 70 mp5 out of combat and about 15 in combat, while maintaining a respectable 1000 health and 1600 mana.

Users who are viewing this thread