Timeless Isles Conspiracy

Dye

OG
I've seen a lot of people posting over the past day or so after the release of patch 5.4 datamining material. One thing some people have been discussing is the Timeless Isles, which we do not know anything about yet, and some people on the wow forums have been saying it may be something from classic wow or an older version(s) of wow. Now, I posted a thread about it earlier as well as a few friends on the wow forums general discussion and ptr discussion, and within 5 minutes our threads which all were discussing timeless isles and old wow revival type things were immediately closed, without any reason or mention of why.

If you wish to test this out, go post on wow forums with a topic in the general discussion or ptr discussion about "timeless isles and vanilla wow" or something or another, and post back here if your thread gets closed!

This is purely for curiosity sake, as I wonder if Blizz is employing information containment on timeless isles. If you want to participate, please do so and/or discuss here what you think timeless Isles may be!

Last edited by a moderator:
I've seen a lot of people posting over the past day or so after the release of patch 5.4 datamining material. One thing some people have been discussing is the Timeless Isles, which we do not know anything about yet, and some people on the wow forums have been saying it may be something from classic wow or an older version(s) of wow. Now, I posted a thread about it earlier as well as a few friends on the wow forums general discussion and ptr discussion, and within 5 minutes our threads which all were discussing timeless isles and old wow revival type things were immediately closed, without any reason or mention of why.

If you wish to test this out, go post on wow forums with a topic in the general discussion or ptr discussion about "timeless isles and vanilla wow" or something or another, and post back here if your thread gets closed!

This is purely for curiosity sake, as I wonder if Blizz is employing information containment on timeless isles. If you want to participate, please do so and/or discuss here what you think timeless Isles may be!

Posted a thread last night, still up as of 7am, so im guessing your theory is wrong, well the information containment part anyway.

The timeless isles are interesting, i wonder what it will be.

My 2nd was up for a day this time and was deleted when someone posted about vanilla wow bosses

Here's a video of Timeless Isles
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vpicf92bqTY

People are saying they think it might be a place for world bosses, pet battles, or something similar.
I have heard quite a few people saying they think a new faction or class will be coming out. They noted that many quest lines have us 'working together' for a greater good (ally and horde working together). With these thoughts in mind, it is entirely possible that another class, or race is going to come into the game. as far as another faction? I highly doubt it.

I think this (the Isles) has stuff to do with Proving Grounds.
With the video in mind I think it could be something like....

WoW's Proving Grounds would be a giant island where you're required to do many things. From PvP, to world boss raids, Proving Grounds is a place to prove your skills. This would explain why the island has arenas, fishing areas, and much more. Perhaps it will be one giant race, or mini-game where you must show skills in multiple areas in order to prove yourself as a good player?

Another thought is that perhaps it will become the equivalent of Runescape's Tutorial Island. New players come here to learn the basics of the game, and the original quest lines (that are in place now) are upscaled to make the leveling process quicker. Many people complain that WoW has you 'learn your class' for the first 30 levels or so, and if you know your class it sucks. So if they instituted this place as a 'tutorial' for new players, then that would make sense as well.

So many thoughts, but who knows - We'll find out soon!

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread