Tiered Medallion Setting Quality 3

I'm playing pure f2p. Exactly how many skill points in Jewelcrafting is required to get Q3 for Tiered Medallion Setting? Did anyone able to get to Q3 without buying anything from AH? I'm able to level Jewelcrafting to 80 and obtained ~40 knowledge point. Now i can craft Q2 TMS. Progressing further is a bit difficult for f2p.

Can someone share their experience in getting Tiered Medallion Setting Q3 without AH?

Last edited:
I did it on Vet buying from Ah. I think it's possible, but will take time. I don't recall how many points it took, but I went through a good amount of mats and some extra points.

So far, with my completely random assignment of 130 knowledge points and 75 jewelcrafting skill, I can use 248 concentration to craft a tier 3 setting.

1728879728249.png

So far, with my completely random assignment of 130 knowledge points and 75 jewelcrafting skill, I can use 248 concentration to craft a tier 3 setting.

View attachment 24810

How did u get 130 knowledge point? Is it obtainable for pure f2p? I'm at JC level82, all the recipes available for first craft bonus offers me ~40. Seems too far away from 130!!

Any idea at which skill level will the concentration offers Q3 quality? Currently, I'm below skill 100, and I can only get Q2 no matter how many concentration I put in.

I'm a pure f2p aswell and managed to get it. As far as I recall I leveled JC to around 60 getting all the first crafts, then farmed all the knowledge points items (https://www.wowhead.com/guide/professions/knowledge-point-treasure-locations-dragon-isles) and put them into Setting (30/30) and Prospecting (25/25) to get quality lvl 2 gems and silken gemdust.
With that and concentrate I could reach quality lvl 3 tiered medaillion setting.

Just had a quick look at Enterprising->Prospecting sub-specialization tree. How does 25/25 guarantee quality lvl2 gems?

seems to be able to find the minimium skill level for lvl3 quality. Get to skill 138, and your will have lvl3 quality tms. The rest is just about waiting for concentration which isn't a big deal since u are going to craft a few only. What I have done as pure f2p:

1. level JC to 75-77
tips: when getting to 7?, you'll need to craft many Nordorite Ambers. If you are having bad luck with prospecting for Nordorite, craft Timewatcher's Patience (24hr cooldown) which gives u a few Nordorite. If u can't wait for the cooldown, consider using another alt to pick up JC, u just need jc level30 to create Timewatcher's Patience, then u effectively reduce the cd by half.
2. get as much first craft knowledge point as possible, JC npc for +5, darkmoone faire for +3, random mob drop for +1
3. get as many +3 Knowledge treasures as possible.
(i have 24 only, Emerald Dream, Zaralek Cavern seems not availabel to f2p, Alexstraszite Cluster has 97% drop i am the one that didn't drop, damn you blizzard )
4. 30 knowledge to Setting (a must) for the Tiered Medallion Setting recipe
5. 1 point to Faceting for the Polishing Cloth during levelling (optional, depending on Nordorite availability)
6. the rest to Jeweler's Toolset Mastery for as many skill as possible.
7. quality 2 eternity ember is optional since we rely on concentration
8. no rep grinding, no special recipe, just all from trainer, specialization

Special gift available only to f2p:
1. create a separate alt on a separate trial wow a/c (wow1, wow2, etc) LINKED (important) to the same B.net a/c
2. ur alt still share the warband bank with the main even they are 2 separate wow a/c's.
3. but now u can open 2 wow clients and play 2 toons at the same time (multiboxing)
4. when mining ores, uitilize the ride-alone feature and have your main fly along with your alt (press alt-tab to switch window)
5. fly to the ores dismount with your alt and mine. Now your are mining with 2 toons, effectively double your yield.

tms.png

Last edited:
Random chests/disturbed dirt can proc a Jewelcrafting knowledge item and there is the weekly Jewelcrafting quest(s) when high enough. Keep in mind you need to keep Tier 1/2 if you have already used one as the progress is Tier 1, then you can only use a Tier 2/3 or use Tier x3. If you can whack Citadel mobs for a chance of getting knowledge items while collecting key(s) for reputation. As well as there is a slight chance of Dragon Shard of Knowledge will drop too.

Users who are viewing this thread