The history of 19 twining...

Loves2twink

Legend
During vanilla, Talbar Mantle was the iconic twink shoulders. Soon twinks discover about Lucky Fishing Hat, Nat Pagle's Extreme Anglin' Boots and the Arena Grand Master trinket. Then people learn about mail exploiting shoulder enchants and epic leg armor kits. Holiday buffs allow some players to attain a ridiculous amount of health. Sadly, today twinks cannot experience a Van Cleef kill or loot his precious Defias chest armor.

Pallies had blessing of freedom and priest could dispel while hunters had traps. Rogues were on top of the food chain. Enti's Quenched Sword in the hands of a warrior with a rend glyph was deadly. A merged bracket provided an endless amount of noobs to kill and an equally endless amount of QQ from them in the forums.

What do you guys remember about the glory days that no new twinks will get to experience.

I remember how hard it was to level to 15 back then. Without the xp bonuses.

I remember running to silverwing to que, then sitting in 3 hour battles where EFCs could sit in a bush and hide all day (no debuff and the flag didnt show up on map)

I remember when hunters had a 10 second conc shot CD.

I also remember when the best shoulders a level 10 could get were the fire festival ones.

actually in vanilla wow, talbar mantle was the common shoulder for the common twink. white shoulders with ZG or NAXX enchants is what the best twinks rolled. back then they didn't soulbind a item either.

when patch 2.3 or 2.4 made rugged spaulders and serpent shoulders blues it was even better for those that had the enchants

I remember when you could exploit endgame wotlk armor kits to legs/hat

I remember being an absolute trash player when I played 19s.

I remember the first ever time I cast my fishing rod I looted a Keefers, on my third I looted up boots fish (forgot the goddamn name)

I remember Enti's sword and rend fml.

I remember leveling up my 19 twink I deeply regret.

I remember keyboard turning, clicking on my 19 twink.

I remember being afraid to gain any xp - very afraid. I was too close to level to grab Seal of Wrynn. I remember standing in the beginning of an instance while a higher level would go kill the bosses for me - and sometimes being too far away to be able to get the loot. I remember you had to gain rep with Silverwing before getting items and I had to get a warlock summon to avoid xp gain just to get to the quartermaster. And rogues were the top of the food chain.

shanker said:
actually in vanilla wow, talbar mantle was the common shoulder for the common twink. white shoulders with ZG or NAXX enchants is what the best twinks rolled. back then they didn't soulbind a item either.

when patch 2.3 or 2.4 made rugged spaulders and serpent shoulders blues it was even better for those that had the enchants

Talbar Mantle were the best from '05-'07. Shoulder enchants became popular after then the release of The Burning Crusades in January of 2007. Shortly after the release, some twinks tried the Scryers and Aldor shoulder enchants via the mail trick. This was extremely expensive and did not always worked. After the success of these trials, players then explored the ZG/Naxx enchants. The Rugged Spaulders and Serpent Shoulders didn't turned blue and became BOP until patch 2.3 arrived in November 2007. So for the longest time, Talbar Mantle were the best shoulders to have.

that one time where the twinkinfo staff removed a certain section, which was about a certain something that was the only hope for ever enjoying twinking ever again.

derpalysm #1 expansion

yea cataclysm killed it, wtb twinking from anywhere between vanilla and wotlk idc i just want ma skirmish back !!

I remember when 29 was the lowest BG bracket and was only WSG.

I also remember for a short time, VERY short, brackets were at even numbers...20-30,30-40, 40-50, 50-60.

That didn't last long. Your first ground mount was lvl40 at that time...so think about that 30-40 bracket..with only lvl40 having mounts... Not to mention the 50-60 bracket...

people had naxx enchants during vanilla, if u didnt know that u didnt play then.

I remember getting Admirals hat on my rogue and then it dinging 20 accidentally being feared out of ashenvale grove.

Someone needs to make a large thorough history. This one was too short and just makes me want a good one.

I could probably do alot of it myself....maybe I will try.

Users who are viewing this thread