Speed Stat

Since I am 90% focused on PvE, is speed "that" important? Im never really in a hurry to get anywhere.
It's only important if that's what's important to you. From personal experience, you get used to it after a while, and once you do it's hard to return to (normal) speed. It helps clear dungeons much faster and also traverse the world, but once more, it's about what experience you want. Since you're not in a hurry to go places, it's not important in that regard as 8 times out of 10 a mount at 20 will still be faster, and come War Within's flight change ground speed will no longer be relevant for general world travel. That said, if you fancy constantly sprinting while running, give it a go with blues (as they're easier to get with sockets) or not. But to answer you, no, it's not "that" important, unless that's what you're looking for.

I think its nice to have, and yes it is hard to get used to normal speed again after you run around everywhere faster than slow ground mounts.

With the current changes to scaling in the beta, the trade off is more worth it. It will only take 8 sockets to get to 48% movement speed. The initial speed gem itself, then either 7 blues or 6 blues plus the healing gem if you are a vet. So its that, or 24 main stat if gems stay at +3.

Personally I find the trade off worth it to get through places faster and the heal every 10 seconds letting me concentrate on that less.

There is a fringe case where speed stat is very useful. IF you have a melee class that does pitiful damage and you want to kill Magistrate Barthilas, the ever-increasing enrage on the boss would eventually one- or twoshot you. So there you need somewhat high speed to kite.

Users who are viewing this thread