US So many questions...

Boredom

Grandfathered
First off, let me just say how excited i was last night to stumble across this place. I've been considering rolling a twink for quite a while as i used to have one back in BC. I have a ton of questions a lot of which probably are not easily answered but any information would be greatly appreciated. If it helps im looking to create a 101 twink as i have

1. I keep seeing people talking about transferring realms to get cheaper gear. Are you using the paid service or is there something else that exists that i'm not aware of?
  2. Is there a discord chat for xpoff? I'd love to be able to discuss this stuff during the day.
  3. How important is it to have artifact weapons? I have a Monk, Paladin and Hunter, and Druid all at 100 but they've all chosen their artifact weapon paths and none are tank'ish paths. Will not having the artifact weapon hinder my ability to run things like HFC?
  4. Is there any WoD content not currently doable by a 101 twink?
  5. Does anybody have a link to the breakdown of secondary stats as it relates to how much it takes to get 1% based on your current level?
  6. How vital is it that i have a maxed out character on the realm i twink on? I'm tempted to try to move to a realm that has an active twink guild but it doesn't do me much good if i dont have a way to fun my twink initially.
Those are probably my top questions, in priority order. My goals are to have fun, and really be able to run any pre-legion content. I've not chosen a class yet because I didn't want to pick something, gear it out and then find i couldn't do older content simply bc its squishy etc. I realize that probably pushes me towards a tank, but curious if any other classes (Enhancement shamans?Hunter?) can pull their weight. I started twinking an affliction warlock, dropped about 60k and then leveled on past 101 because i enjoyed it so much, i considered making it my main. (Which is currently a prot warrior, nothing crazy M+8 is the best i've done)

Thanks guys looking forward to any information i can get my hands on.

Hey, welcome to the bracket/XPOff

1) Using the paid service, only need to transfer one way if you make the gold through buying tokens or selling mini-pets. They announced at blizzcon that there's plans to make paid services purchasable with gold like you can with gametime.
2) There was one but idk if it ever found much use, never joined it myself :p Most communication happens on this forum anyway.
3) AF traits make quite a difference but the significance varies between specs. Definitely a must have if you're wanting to make the most of your twink and they offer a form of progression outside of just throwing gold at the AH. By doing HFC do you mean pugging mythic for gear or soloing normal/heroic for fun?
4) All WoD raid bosses apart from Gorefiend and Zakuun are soloable on at least one difficulty (not necessarily with all classes though). All the 5-mans (both WoD mythics and Legion normals) are easy on most classes. I made a list of kills here :)
5) At 101 you need the following rating to get 1% of each stat: 122.5 crit, 110 haste, 145 vers (dps/healing), 290 (mitigation), mastery depends on spec, 80 leech, 28 avoidance, 42.5 speed.
6) Only vital if you need it to provide gold or consumables etc.

BM hunters are viable for soloing and do very good dps (only killed Kazzak on mine so far out of laziness). Most classes and specs should be able to progress through many of the normal mode raid bosses with a decent amount of leech. Self-healing or having a pet tank makes it a lot easier obviously.

in regards to HFC i'm referring to whichever mode would net me the class specific trinket. It shows as a 25% drop rate for the token? I've been reading that certain classes get insane bonuses from that based on your level (for example paladin gets healed at like 85% health or something bonkers).

I really like the playstyle of the enhancement shaman but i have a feeling I'm going to want the tankiness of a paladin or maybe even brewmaster to push difficult bosses.

oh man, that would be disappointing although in reality i kinda get it. They are insanely broken for some specs/classes. 15% armor boost while IP is up would make prot warrior silly

Users who are viewing this thread