so...anyone tried the faction change service yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

glancealot

Legend
as alliance, i am drooling over those felbane weapons...but 32 bucks(canadian)? man...you can get like 4~5k gold with that much money...

just a recap if you don't want to read through the whole thread filled with "utterly foolish or senseless people" who don't understand any mathematics.

any rogue that gets felbane weapon and put 65 AP on it has no clue what he is doing!

assuming that 1 agility is 2 AP, 1 stam is 2 AP. (using the AEP formula)

the AEP system has changed a lot because of BC and WotLK, we should stick to the AEP formula used in vanilla wow, because, well, we are below 60 aren't we? and in fact, nowadays level 49 twinks have roughly the same stats as old school shadowcraft 60 rogues, so the old school AEP formula suits us very well.

therefore, we should use the original one, which is

"10 Agility = 10 Stamina = 20 Strength = 20 Attack Power = 1% Crit"

7/7 monkey ribby with 20 agi gives you (7+7+20)*2+10=78, which is better than the 65 AP felbane dagger.

heck, since we are trying to maximize AP, let's just say 1 agility is 2 AP, but we ignore stamina almost completely, say, 2 stam= 1 AP, even then

we have [item]Vanquisher's Sword[/item] with 20 agility that gives you 28+20*2=68, which is a little bit better than the 65 AP felbane dagger.

11 agi ribby with 20 agi gives you (11+20)*2+10=72, which is better than the 65 AP felbane dagger.

even 7/7 monkey ribby with 20 agi gives you (7+20)*2+7/2+10=67.5, which is still better than the 65 AP felbane dagger.

but that's not the point, if a rogue does get the felbane weapon, get berserking, or deathfrost or even icebreaker

after all, why would you get a dagger with 0 stat then put a stat enchant on it? you go through all those trouble, pay all that gold, just to get something that's not even BiS, that's just lame.

@warlocks,

if you put deathfrost (which does proc off dots now!) on your felbane weapon, your opponent will probably be permanently slowed by 15%(movement/casting/attack), that's like free curse of exhaustion at all times!(proc chance 50%, no internal CD)

Taitaih said:
Personally I think Felbane is overrated :). But that's just me.

agreed. not BiS for anyone imo...

if you want max spell power set for shaman or druid, go for it!

if you want accuracy on a rogue (hit should be a wasted stat by now) go for it!

if you want to go fury - lol - and use a dagger - lol - on ur warrior go for it!

uhhh what else...pallys cant use daggers.

for mages/locks if you want max sp i guess

think that about covers it. in most cases the stats given by other weapons outweighs the bit more spell power u can get with the LK chants. and for melee i hear berzerker sucks at proccing (specially in the OH), so that leaves accuracy (wasted hit, but nice crit) or 65 AP. its your RL $ and in game gold, so go for it if you want!

also i dont think anyone has confirmed it'll even work yet. afaik when u go from horde to alliance with it, it might be red/unusable since the alliance version requires at least lvl 50 to get that part of the quest chain. its a gamble at this point, and all for a gimmick imo.

I use the sword on my paladin with +63 spellpower, and I plan to use it on my lock with +63 as well instead of Soulfrost. But I don't mind just using Arbiter's Blade or BoAs either, it doesn't matter to me.

Imo it's an even worse choice for melee. You can hitcap other ways and it would only be good for a Max AP set for rogues.

I don't think it'll disappear for Alliance. You can transfer 19s with Inferno Robes from Horde to Alliance so it shouldn't disappear or go red.

Andraklas7 said:
gold buyer caught!.. I dont think u can faction change yet?

i google'd the going price...

heck, even without google, you roughly know how much gold goes for thanks to all the spams...

Taitaih said:
I use the sword on my paladin with +63 spellpower, and I plan to use it on my lock with +63 as well instead of Soulfrost. But I don't mind just using Arbiter's Blade or BoAs either, it doesn't matter to me.

Imo it's an even worse choice for melee. You can hitcap other ways and it would only be good for a Max AP set for rogues.

I don't think it'll disappear for Alliance. You can transfer 19s with Inferno Robes from Horde to Alliance so it shouldn't disappear or go red.

i rather prefer all the stats an arbiters or (especially) BoA brings to the table, and will give up the difference in spell power, unless just messing with a max SP set; but to each his own & horde have that option.

yea exactly what i was saying.

the thing is, that there is not an alliance equivalent for inferno robes, BUT alliance has an equivalent weapon (same in name, but different in level that it can be obtained). so idk if this level difference would cause issues, and afaik nobody has tried it yet; so the jury is out.

glancealot said:

life ward seems cool, heck who doesnt want a juiced up lifestealing. except it has a lower proc rate & doesnt damage the enemy. decent but not game breaking imo.

as for black magic, tait can give u an ear full about how he feels on that xP

I'm thinking of switching my horde pally... but I dunno if i have the extra cash to spend right now since I just transferred.

if you want to go fury - lol - and use a dagger - lol - on ur warrior go for it!

uhhh what else...pallys cant use daggers.

for mages/locks if you want max sp i guess

Fyi, you are able to choose a sword as well, wich is awesome for fury warrs n palas. Also, black magic is wayyy OP for a caster (specially locks :S)

so if i had an ally, hell ye i would faction change back n forth to get it!

I have the dagger with Black Magic, and never use it.

In BG's, even at 49, its still a case of burst is king, and no one lives long enough to make good use of the dot.

In duels and arena's it is imo, BiS. Unfortunately, I can't duel or arena with that toon as he was built as a glass cannon. :"(

Redout said:
Fyi, you are able to choose a sword as well, wich is awesome for fury warrs n palas. Also, black magic is wayyy OP for a caster (specially locks :S)

so if i had an ally, hell ye i would faction change back n forth to get it!

yea forgot you can pick the sword, but as fury there are SO many better options in either the MH or OH. not really worth it for the enchant alone imo, unless you just wanna mess with max AP set, having the nice crit from accuracy, or getting berzerking/executioner.

for arms, forget about it...no LK enchant will outweigh using a fat 2h weapon for MS, dual weild is so lack luster

for prot, it could be interesting with life ward...or 65 AP, etc. heck that might be BiS if you can afford to give up stats you might have instead.

Taitaih said:
Black magic is not OP for locks... Refer to my 49 lock guide for why.

i just did that and all you said is basically "black magic sucks" without any solid reasoning...

IMO, in BG's it's a great enchant for classes that don't have dots or don't want to use dot, like a shaman that wants to frost shock instead of flame shock(keep rogues from re-stealthing) and/or classes that aren't dmg dealers but would still like to be able to dps under certain situations (1100 dmg is a huge dps boost)

and i think we all agree that in 1vs1 situations or 2vs2 arena's, black magic is vastly superior than 40 spell power and etc.

Taitaih said:
***Tai's Opinion on Enchanted Azsharite and Black Magic*** - Ok, this has been brought up to me perhaps a million times, and I give the same answer almost every time. Black Magic is NOT superior to a pure damage weapon/enchant even if you switch it out after the proc. The only case where Black Magic might even be remotely better is when you are in a 1v1 situation. In a group situation, you are gimping ALL of your dots just to wait for one proc to switch your weapons out for 45 seconds. If you're seriously spending the time to watch for the proc, you're probably not watching for other important things going on in the battlefield. Black Magic is seriously a no-no.

I'm not sure what more you want for a reason lol gimping all of your dots across tons of targets just to switch put your weapon in the end is bad. Plus if you're staring at your dottimer and not gauging the battlefield to watch for one enchant is just silly

I may try it but would like to wait till I hear more about it first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread