So, 2 Rogues walked into a bar...

Drayner

So, 2 Rogues walked into a bar. One was a level 24 BiS Rogue and the other was a level 20 BiS rogue, both subtlety and both equally skilled as a player. The 1st Rogue turns to the other and said, "I'll bet you a Samual Adams that I can kick your ass". The other said, "Only if you get the opener and know how to use gouge". They agreed to the bet and stepped out into the parking lot.

What happened next?

I honestly believe the level 20 could win no problem. After my druid, rogue, and hunter experiments, I think the lower tiers in the bgs have the advantage with scaling. 24 has gouge and that could be the equalizer, but gear wise, the 20 scales to better stats than the 24. When I went from 20-24 in the bgs, my ambushes hit harder at 20 that 24 BUT... and a big BUTT... I didn't change gear from 20-24. 24s have better weapon choices and petrospills.

I don't know. What do you think?

24 rogues get better glass cannon gear.

And a 24 glass cannon rogue technically has decent survivability due to dodge.

All it comes down is to skill really.

rvr hasnt been close to viable since wrath. Way too much RNG to claim "skill".

RNG decides the outcome of 24 vs 20 rogue not skill.

RNG is definitely involved but it also can come down to the player's skill. Who can get behind the enemy first and who knows how to get away efficiently such as backstrafing to bandage.

RNG is definitely involved but it also can come down to the player's skill. Who can get behind the enemy first and who knows how to get away efficiently such as backstrafing to bandage.

getting behind a target is 90% MS based.

Ambush/evasion = win. ambush strafe/restealth/reopen = win.

too many dots to "backstrafe to bandage".

Wrath and Cata required skill for a flawless (that's usually your goal). In MoP it's really just who has better MS and can get that sap.

The 20 could get the sap+opener, drop the 24 to ~50% HP, and then the 24 could get lucky on RNG and land some deadly/hemo crits winning him the duel. I think level has little to do with it when the opener or RNG can give such an advantage.

I'd say Latency > Opener > RNG > Skill > Gear > Level

Last edited by a moderator:
Nothing happend yet, they're still looking for each other, trying to sap on an other.

Got to love rogue vs rogue duels ^^

I don't think people understand that the thread is not a thread about RvR, but a 20v24-thread.
Gogue > A few stats any day. I can't possibly understand how the stats would favour the lvl 20 though.

Is this in a Battleground with scaling or just a duel without scaling?
If they were both equally skilled - as is said then it will not ever 'come down to skill'. This being two Rogues it will come down to RNG no matter what;
Who gets Deadly Poison on first? Does your Deadly Poison crit? Do you dodge as much as you should? Do you never dodge? Do you actually crit?
With this set up I believe that it would be difficult to work out who would win without doing it several times over just to make sure - Statistics.
You may have 60% Dodge but that does NOT mean you will dodge 60% of the attacks thrown at you.
This fight would come down to things such as RNG and MS.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is this in a Battleground with scaling or just a duel without scaling?
If they were both equally skilled - as is said then it will not ever 'come down to skill'. This being two Rogues it will come down to RNG no matter what;
Who gets Deadly Poison on first? Does your Deadly Poison crit? Do you dodge as much as you should? Do you never dodge? Do you actually crit?
With this set up I believe that it would be difficult to work out who would win without doing it several times over just to make sure - Statistics.
You may have 60% Dodge but that does NOT mean you will dodge 70% of the attacks thrown at you.
This fight would come down to things such as RNG and MS.

I'm assuming this parking lot has scaling.

Users who are viewing this thread