Savagery VS. Crusader - Or choosing between BoA axe and Cleaver?

http://i44.tinypic.com/2nbeww8.jpg

So as you see Savagery does around 15 more DPS than Crusader. Tested on Dummies in Menethil. You cannot put Savagery on BoA axe so

Cleaver has 10 hit rating. You can get that instead of Surefooted to reach the hit cap so you can put +12 Stamina on Boots.

Do you think 15 DPS and + 12 Stamina > 7-8 DPS (that is gotten by swapping Cleaver for BoA) and + 24 Stamina?

^ - the pic above can also be used if you think Crusader is still better on Savagery on lvl 35+ items.

Rapt0R said:
http://i44.tinypic.com/2nbeww8.jpg

So as you see Savagery does around 15 more DPS than Crusader. Tested on Dummies in Menethil. You cannot put Savagery on BoA axe so

Cleaver has 10 hit rating. You can get that instead of Surefooted to reach the hit cap so you can put +12 Stamina on Boots.

Do you think 15 DPS and + 12 Stamina > 7-8 DPS (that is gotten by swapping Cleaver for BoA) and + 24 Stamina?

^ - the pic above can also be used if you think Crusader is still better on Savagery on lvl 35+ items.

Your math and thinking is all wrong. Pvp is not based on static standstill dps its about burst. The BOA still has a higher top end by 18 damage. More crit and stamina. There really is no question as to which is better. It is very very clear.

Also your test should have contact the same number of attacks over the same amount of time but you didn't do that either.

70 AP doesn't add to burst damage then, I guess?

It isn't good to be dependant on a proc that procs 1 time per minute, at least it did proc each 40-80 seconds for my warrior. I'd rather have 70 AP all the time.

You may not have it JUST at the moment you need. 20 seconds later, you are fighting a lowbie noob. It procs 2 times in a row. That happened a lot to my 29 pala xP

What you would rather have is an opinion based statement which we can all agree upon, but you are trying very hard to pass off your opinion based information as factual without proper testing at all. Do you even own the questioned BOA axe? I have to assume you do not since you are so diligently advocating that cleaver is better.

RickRude said:
What you would rather have is an opinion based statement which we can all agree upon, but you are trying very hard to pass off your opinion based information as factual without proper testing at all. Do you even own the questioned BOA axe? I have to assume you do not since you are so diligently advocating that cleaver is better.

Can you do a favor then and do this test? But with BoA? Because I haven't got much time on hands and the farming of Emblems goes slowly.

I'd be thankful.

BoA with crusader. The heal is nice and a 200 ap proc is better for burst then 70 statis, that is 1/3 almost.

and the crit is again very nice. i'd take crit over hit in pvp for warrior any day.

folomega said:
BoA with crusader. The heal is nice and a 200 ap proc is better for burst then 70 statis, that is 1/3 almost.

and the crit is again very nice. i'd take crit over hit in pvp for warrior any day.

Without involving myself in the main discussion, I'd just like to say that this is a huge mistake. I've been playing warriors for about 4 years now with some success and if you are not hit capped, get hit. Always. Even with flurry/impale/etc upping the value of crits, missing pummel or hamstring is GG, whether the guy is at 1% or 3% health remaining doesn't matter.

^^^ This!

Always go for your hitcap, especially since it won't cost you too much AP, crit or Stamina as a warrior.

yea with the new flashlight hit capping is easy. before 3.1, and MS/alliance, getting capped was pretty hard. blackstone ring, surefooted, brd chest = 33hit, which is close tho. now there's plenty of options to get that nice 5% hit

Users who are viewing this thread