Rogue Off-Hand?

I'm trying to decide whether Balanced Heartseeker is better/worse than Thief's Blade.

Stats:

Balanced Heartseeker

17-34 1.70 Attack Speed

15.00 DPS

+2 Agility

+1 Hit Rating

+8 Attack Power

---------------------------------

Thief's Blade

17-32 1.70 Attack Speed

14.4 DPS

+7 Agility

Just looking for some opinions.

thief's will give you crit and dodge, heartseeker will give you attack power and hit rating

pretty much it's either do you want a slight increase in procs, or more consistant damage?

i'd go with heartseeker personally

Lucris said:
I'm trying to decide whether Balanced Heartseeker is better/worse than Thief's Blade.

Stats:

Balanced Heartseeker

17-34 1.70 Attack Speed

15.00 DPS

+2 Agility

+1 Hit Rating

+8 Attack Power

Thief's Blade

17-32 1.70 Attack Speed

14.4 DPS

+7 Agility

Just looking for some opinions.

its hard to say... hit rating is pretty critical. I wonder if you had that as well as the 3 pieces from the fang set.

I do know thought that CB in the off hand w/ +15 agi is best when Ambush/Garrote, after doing that it would be best to use a macro to swap weapons though.

I personally use Wingblade. High dps. (15.7ds) +5agi/+2stam (perfect stats for a balance set). Push back effects are a big deal anymore, so the speed 2.7 (i think), isn't a problem. Only thing that would be better (imo), would be Balanced Heartseeker, due to the +1hit rating.

Thief's Blade or Scout's Blade + Heavy Sharpening Stone in WS

Wingblade is too slow, you still need the pushback ;)

Balanced Heartseeker don't work with Heavy Sharpening Stone, only should equip in Arena

Somelia

Somelia said:
Wingblade is too slow, you still need the pushback ;)

you can pushback twice before pushback becomes obsolete on the same cast.

so if there's a cast at 1.5 seconds, and you have two 2.8 speed weapons, you should be able to get a sinister strike and auto attack in before the cast. also, since there is pushback on the first attack, you might not need to use sinister strike.

Yes, but you must see a fight over a few seconds. Sometimes you have no energy or you need energy to kick, gouge...

Somelia

Somelia said:
Yes, but you must see a fight over a few seconds. Sometimes you have no energy or you need energy to kick, gouge...

Somelia

you should be able to conserve energy for kick and/or gouge. just don't use sinister strike unless your energy is around 80-90.

To Pushback so often as possible, you need a fast offhand. Save energy is right, but than you can't "sinister + autoattack" every time.

autoattack is going to come almost everytime, and if you've saved your energy appropriately + gouge and kick are down then use sinister strike. heck, you can throw in two sinister strikes.

to interrupt with sinister strike is why you saved the energy :)

Druiddroid said:
you can pushback twice before pushback becomes obsolete on the same cast.

so if there's a cast at 1.5 seconds, and you have two 2.8 speed weapons, you should be able to get a sinister strike and auto attack in before the cast. also, since there is pushback on the first attack, you might not need to use sinister strike.

Unlike most people. I don't spam away at SS, I use my energy, and cds effiently, have a slow off-hand is fine. Kick/Gouge ftw?

Though push back is nice, I don't see it as a biggy imo.

Lucris said:

Stats:

Balanced Heartseeker

17-34 1.70 Attack Speed

15.00 DPS

+2 Agility

+1 Hit Rating

+8 Attack Power

Thief's Blade

17-32 1.70 Attack Speed

14.4 DPS

+7 Agility