Returning from huge hiatus. Where's the twinks?

Squeekyboots

Grandfathered
Just returned from a huge Hiatus and returned to Pagle. Most 19 twink guilds are dead and notice some bigger guilds on other servers. Is this bracket on Wrath a Wargame only bracket now or is there specific nights or days that ques happen? I tried searching around for any information but all i could find was the wargame ladder and armory list.

Trying to determine if i should gear myself up completely or just focus on the GF'd gear and wait till cata

I was never big into classic twinking. I have a few bis (minus heirloom) twinks in wrath that I’m basically waiting until cata comes out

I’ve been heavily into SoD. This first phase at level 25 feels like the twink endgame dream of sorts

Will see if I enjoy future phases or if it’s back to cata. I’ll play sod until at least cata and then reassess.

I’ve been heavily into SoD. This first phase at level 25 feels like the twink endgame dream of sorts

It certainly does seem awesome from the videos I've been watching. It's a shame the gate will open to 40 and every bit of gear and grinding will be rendered worthless, just like we've seen in every expansion. But seeing streamers greedily give themselves purple gear out of a dungeon, no matter how meaningless that dungeon is in the big scheme of things, reminds me of how broken this game's design is.

I do wish more folks recognized how fun pvp can be at lower levels. Maybe SoD will make some small progress in that regard. Sadly too much predation changed the narrative.

It certainly does seem awesome from the videos I've been watching. It's a shame the gate will open to 40 and every bit of gear and grinding will be rendered worthless, just like we've seen in every expansion. But seeing streamers greedily give themselves purple gear out of a dungeon, no matter how meaningless that dungeon is in the big scheme of things, reminds me of how broken this game's design is.

I do wish more folks recognized how fun pvp can be at lower levels. Maybe SoD will make some small progress in that regard. Sadly too much predation changed the narrative.

Agree. The worst thing about SoD is the community. Whatever blizz developer said about classic after nostalrius was right: “wow players will find a way to optimize the fun out of their game”

Classic, and SoD being no exception, is ran by tier list and log reading groupies. Nobody wants to think outside of the box, outside of what established streamers preach even though the game is meant to be different than classic.

That said, despite all of that the game is really fun. Playing as a 25 feels like endgame 19s. And in next phase playing as a 40 will feel like endgame 39s. And I’m here for that

You should give it a shot. The wow we remember is long dead.

Users who are viewing this thread