Retribution Pally BIS

Jva

Legend
Hey,

what is BIS for a retribution pally. Could you show me some amorys ?

It is important to know what weapon should i use if im not able to get the boa axe.

Oh and i´m Alliance

I'll list BiS non-boa, as of now:

Lucky Fishing Hat

Sentinel's Medallion

Packleader's Pauldrons

Tumultous Cloak of the Soldier (8 agi, 8 dodge)

Phantom Armor OR Pythas' Vest (4 all stats)

Sparkmetal Bracers (9 strength)

Thorbia's Gauntlets (7 strength)

Earthbound Girdle of the Soldier

Goblin Mail Armor (16 armor)

Savage Trodders OR Silver-Linked Footguards, they look better (7 Stamina)

Bravo Company Signet

Band of Argas

Arena Grand Master

Arena Grand Master OR Insignia of the Alliance

Emil's Brand (Crusader)

(As you may have noticed you'll be 1 under hit cap, but if you want you could swap the 7 stamina on boots for 5 hit rating and nvm one of the other items with hit rating)

There are two possible BIS sets depending on the spec you choose. both are hit capped and provide a small amount of additional mana. The reason you need to feather in a little bit of int into your set is the following. Paladins will get snared and slowed often, when you are not in melee range of your target you need to have the mana pool to heal through some damage or cast some exorcisms (can be cast during hand of protection!!!) to put your target on the defensive. The talents Crusade 3/3 and Improved Judgement 2/2 are must haves. However the 6th talent point can go into either Pursuit of Justice or Rule of Law. the +5 hit boot enchant will change what is best in slot for each set as you will need to find a way to pick up an extra 5 or more hit from other items to reach the hit cap. These are the best in slot sets in my opinion for a ret paladin. People can criticize the mana boost all they want but remember exorcisms are critting for 345 and hit for around 220-240 so what you may lose in attack power you more than make up for it with a hard hitting ranged spell and healing potential.

BIS Gear that DOES NOT CHANGE:

Head-LFH

Neck- Scouts Medallion

Shoulders- Polished Spaulders of Valor

Back- Tumultuous cloak of the Soldier (+8agi+8dodge stealth enchant)

Chest- Polished breastplate of valor (+4 stats)

Wrists- Sparkmetal Bracers (+9str)

Hands-Thorbias gauntlets (+7str, +15agi this is personal preference)

Legs- Chausses of Westfal (+16 armor)

Trinket slot 1- AGM

The two specs create different gear options that you can play with to get your favorite amount of Str, Stam, Int but you should gear for +10 hit

RULE OF LAW

Belt- Cobran's grasp/ Earthbound Girdle of the soldier

Back- Spider-silk drape (only if you want int or hit from the cape slot)

Boots- Savage Trodders (minor speed)

Ring 1- Bravo company signet/Demon band

Ring 2- Demon band/Lavishly jeweled ring

Trinket slot 2 Discerning eye of the beat (human only for extra int)/PVP trinket

PURSUIT OF JUSTICE This spec opens up a truck load of item slots becuase of +5 hit chant on the boot slot. I am actually starting to think this is the best spec because some would argue that 3% increase crit to all abilities is better than 5% crit to 1 or 2 abilities

Belt- Earthbound girdle

Boots- Savage trodders (+5 hit!)

Ring 1- Bravo company signet/Lavishly Jeweled ring

Ring 2-Seal of Argas/Band of argas

Trinket slot 2- AGM/Discerning eye of the beast/PVP trinket

The ring slots and potentiall trinket slot allow you to fine tune the amount of intellect as stated above in my opinion two extra exorcisms is better than a small boost in attack power. This is of course a balancing act as you would not want to gear exclusively for INT on a ret paladin.

Arnao said:
what if you cant get chausses what would be the next best thing Kalecgos' Gift - Item - World of Warcraft

yes but i tried to do the starting quest and it was not available yet. I think there are similiar legs from deadmines though. Those would be BIS for some prot builds or FC paladins

Check out the guide in my signature. I am still updating the guide so use the prot guide as a gear guideline, or check back later today for the updated ret guide.

Good luck with the paladin, lots of fun. 8)

Eliot said:
Check out the guide in my signature. I am still updating the guide so use the prot guide as a gear guideline, or check back later today for the updated ret guide.

Good luck with the paladin, lots of fun. 8)

Can't really use prot as the gear guide for Ret because of the way Pursuit of Justice can effect item slots. But you are correct that it is a good place to start.

Users who are viewing this thread