Resto/Elemental and Enhance Shaman

What are some good armories of these specs in the 30-39 bracket?

Also would SoJ w/ Savagery be any good, since PoD is pretty much impossible to find?

Also why would the Savagery be the best enchant on it and why would the SoJ be the next best 2h for enhance shamans?

LULIMALION said:
I see a lot of good shamans out there with a soj with savagery to increase their shocks and heals but lumbering ogre axe will still be better damage wise I suppose.

Look up devolution and blesst

Idk. Fony did a bunch of dmg tests with weapons. SOJ could be massively superior to Lumbering axe for a shaman.

Edit: Since SOJ did more melee dmg then Lumbering axe when Fony was testing it on his warrior. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwLCtP0PUlU

top end dmg of SoJ is 22 more than the LoA, even with the 15 str the top end dmg would be still less then 180,

PoD got 187 end dmg if im right, the 180 from SoJ is the closest to PoD's 187

Btw, if specced into Mental Dexterity u also get 11 ap from the 11 int and some extra dmg to your shocks and spells

so i think u will do more dmg with a SoJ then with a LoA as a shaman

oh btw, the LoA is 0.20 slower but still i think u benefit more from SoJ dps wise

LULIMALION said:
LoA is more likely to proc WF and with full flurry I THINK (not positive) you can still get back to back windfury procs unlike with SOJ

25% of 3.7 = 0.925 so .925 off of SOJ weap speed (3.7) = 2.7 weapon speed. Since the internal CD on WF is 3 seconds SOJ can't get back to back WF procs.

25% of 3.9 = 0.975 so .975 off of LoA weap speed (3.9) = 2.92 weapon speed.

Since the internal CD of WF is 3 seconds LoA can't get back to back WF procs.

SO ultimately SOJ is better because it has overall higher dps. And neither can get back to back WF procs with flurry. PoD is still the only weapon that can get back to back WF procs with flurry (3 sec weap speed with flurry). Remember tho BOTH SoJ and LoA can get back to back WF procs without flurry but with flurry you can't.

Edit: But in 3.1 I think flurry for 39's will be 20% (a nerf down from 25%) so then both SoJ and LoA will be able to back to back WF procs with flurry up.

Editx2: I lied

http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=15671263132&sid=1

says its going down to 25% from 30% on flurry so the calculations are correct for 3.1 butttt are wrong for live. 30% weap speed increase would make it impossible to back to back WF on any weapon.

Users who are viewing this thread