Removal of spider's silk?

yep. same with wildvine.

ive seen spider's silk in the AH and grabbed it but it could have just been stock people had from earlier.

i really can not think of a reason they would still have craftable items in the game that need it but get rid of it. it does not drop from the same mobs it used to though or the drop rate has been cut to something like 1%

Im still finding silk on the auction house like every day, so atleast it looks like someone's looting it..

Found this post on wowhead made in patch 4.0.1

giant moss creepers just inside Hillsbrad from Arathi. Hordes of them and they have a good drop rate. Only issue is that lowbies have to kill them for a quest, so sometimes there's competition. Not much,though. ( noticeably better drop rate than the ones in Arathi, and more OF them)

edit: AND forest moss creepers, and elder moss creepers,lol

So you might want to try that spot. Some later comments also say that people can't seem to get any from the spiders in arathi anymore so they might have moved them. (actually seems logical as the silk is required for lvl 19 gear but the spiders with the highest drop rate where level 26+)

no, those spiders have not dropped them nor have spiders in duskwood or redridge.

while they dont drop the spiders silk that often, they usually(used to) drop some other kind of semi useless silk but none of the spiders are dropping any silk at all.

Yeah, I've had the same problem. :/

The spiders that used to be the main droppers in Arathi have been removed and replaced with cultivated creepers. This spider that is considered to be a member of the Undercity faction making them unkillable by horde players. A friend of mine made a alli DK specifically to kill these new creepers with and after killing over 100 reported no spider silk drops atall.

Omg thank you for this thread. I farmed silk yesterday for the first time ever in arathi and not ONE drop out of some 40 spiders. We need to alert Blizz, a craftable item's mats should not be unobtainable.

No offense meant but can we get some kind of confirmation on Hillsbrad? I can also put up a picture of spider's silk in my bank but that is not a picture of me looting it. Id like to get some but I do not want to waste my time flying out there and farming if you're just joking around.

Librarian said:
No offense meant but can we get some kind of confirmation on Hillsbrad? I can also put up a picture of spider's silk in my bank but that is not a picture of me looting it. Id like to get some but I do not want to waste my time flying out there and farming if you're just joking around.

saying "no offense" doesn't make it any less insulting when you call me a liar to my face. this is absolutely the last time i go out of my way to help anybody do anything in this game.

i sincerely hope you make use of the 20 minutes of time you've taken from me.

Yfrog Photo : yfrog.com/0iwowscrnshot120410145059j

The image of you having the spider's silk did not prove anything. There are many childish people here who would love to just troll and post something like this to get people to waste time. The confirmation I was looking for was more due to the type of people who frequent this site rather than your personal character. I don't know you and have not insulted you.

Users who are viewing this thread