Recommendations For Gearing

you know... i tend to be an idiot when i drink. sorry! :D
some of the stuff might apply. but generally you want the raid gear.
i was toying with the idea of doing a 29 on the side, but SL has proven to be very unfavorable to altitius.
Can't enter raids at 29

U should run tbc dungeons for the 3 socket belt and maby if there is a decent 2 socket boots aswell.
Get engineering and make a [ghost iron dragonling] with the [relic of the past II] u can socket it with +12 offstat cogwheels that u can buy once u reach 75 cata engineering in sw/org.
Rest of ur pieces u want to either farm from bfa dungeons as they can proc sockets and tertiary stats or scout ah for greens from bfa that procced a socket, just search for ex. Harmonious (mastery/versatility) and click on each of the items and see if they have a socket or not.
Also if haste is good for fury u may want to use a helmet with a meta gem socket as u can gem it with [thundering skyflare diamond] that procs for 100+haste for 6sec or so.
U can make the [Reinforced retinal armor] with engi and socket them with the same +12 offstat cogwheels as the trinket or have a blacksmith craft u some of the mop helmets with a socket + meta socket slot these are the best because they have mastery.
Also with JC (legion & bfa) you can craft socketed neck + 2 rings with the statcombo of ur wish
(6stam + socket + 15offstat + 11offstat)

Last edited:
Doomplate set is available.. Have you consider using it?
4 piece is gonna be pretty bad for warriors. If you want the 4 piece and since the pants dont have gem slots, you're stuck using the helm, gloves, chest and shoulders. The gloves don't have secondaries, so the 2 piece bonus is essentially a wash in this full set. And there are better helms and shoulders out there (namely engi goggles and ilvl 28s) you're using gimped gear just for a shot at a mediocre str proc.

That said, the two piece of like chest and shoulders would be pretty good for a 29 (and option thats not available at lower levels) and should be considered.

But I think other than that, the gear is more or less the same across the bracket.

This should help out a lot since extra sockets is the only way to up your damage.
Belt - Deathforge Girdle
Boots - Sunstrider Warboots
Neck - Hard Khorium Choker

Optional
Cloak - Cloak of Darkness
Shoulders - Doomplate Shoulderguards
Chest - Doomplate Chestguard

just checked .. my ilvl44 now requires lvl35 to use and i see some of you having your pillars set downgraded to ilvl25 .. i think this is the time for old ex70 plate wearers to take out your old toons loaded with the 5str/6stam gems .. i played a few bgs just before the 8 hours maintanence and its already pretty OP .. with everyone downsized, i think all these ex70 plates with full str/stam are going to take on half a team .. if you have hellscream weapons on, that is even better .. it is far superior than the ilvl49 artifact weapon

IMG_20201118_083903.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread