Quick question bout FCs

Mrcer

OG
So I was debating on either make a lvl 64 twink DK or lvl 10 twink warrior fc.

Is the bracket low on FCs? Or are they pretty popular?

doo eet get a shield of blocking

Being very realistic here. Without going totally nuts on my twink IE: Farming AGM for months, transfering between factions, farming LFH, and farming "the 1 ring", this is probably what I would look like:

chardev 8 - WoW Cataclysm

Any way I could improve him?

EDIT: staying horde-side

irregular belt is GF'd, also reccomend starting as coblin for the 2str 2stam 2hit gloves, then i suggest using the parry BoA sword. i mean resil does give the lovely reduction of damage but 4parry rating will be wonderful if you dont keyboard turn vs rogues which do crazy damage

Make à level 10. 64 twinks are frowned upon and you Will be the number one target in every bg. If you want to go in the 60 bracket make à 60:) but goodluck with the level 10 !:)

Hurrx said:
+10 parry to shield, crusader on weapon, 2 str 2 stam legs.

Both crusader and lifestealing are useless as a FC in my opinion. You'll be, about 75% of your time, running and positionning and not attacking. I'd go with agility until 4.2 and go Str enchant after.

bankbeauty said:
Both crusader and lifestealing are useless as a FC in my opinion. You'll be, about 75% of your time, running and positionning and not attacking.

Depends on the situation. If you're in flag room with 2 healers, I'm sure they'd be happy to see you get a 100 str buff rather than having ~5-10% extra parry. Just my opinion though.

Hurrx said:
Depends on the situation. If you're in flag room with 2 healers, I'm sure they'd be happy to see you get a 100 str buff rather than having ~5-10% extra parry. Just my opinion though.

It's situational, but AGAIN, Crusader is a PPM Enchant. If it doesn't proc when you get attacked, it's totally useless, actually beastslaying would be even better. When you run cross Mid, when you get to position in your base, when you kite, it's all about straight up stats and not proc. Surely, crusader could be interesting in a few situation, but overally, especially if BoF and BoN keep doing premade-like, D team should always be composed of offensive defense players, so crusader would, again be useless.

Just my opinion, but I'd personally go 15 agi and 15 str in 4.2 anytime.

i have and always will use lifesteal. i donno if ppl ae aware but lifesteal procs like a mofo with rend :) matter of opinion tho i guess. im not one to run around while fcing 100% of the time. if i see a chance to kill comfortably i will :) and plus, while im fcing across mid, im backstrafing spamming rend and getting continuous 30 hp procs over n over n over.. :p

again... all up to opinion

and to answer your question mrcer, theres basically just me on horde (medivh) and a druid on alli (medivh) im sure alot of people have offsets with prob 1300-1500 hp in stam sets but i think its prob only 4-6 US wide for fc. basically, most of the 10-14 twinks are new and seeing wsg dont pop regularly, im guessing the vastmajority are built for wargame 2v2/3v3's and dueling.

Hurrx said:
+10 parry to shield, crusader on weapon, 2 str 2 stam legs.

since parry only works for frontal attacks, wouldn't Enchant Shield Vitality (+10 sta - +10 spir) be the best choice? also, stamina will work against a hunter / magic user where parry will not

then i suggest using the parry BoA sword. i mean resil does give the lovely reduction of damage but 4parry rating will be wonderful if you dont keyboard turn vs rogues which do crazy damage

same as above, resilience will always work where parry won't

i have and always will use lifesteal. i donno if ppl ae aware but lifesteal procs like a mofo with rend matter of opinion tho i guess. im not one to run around while fcing 100% of the time. if i see a chance to kill comfortably i will and plus, while im fcing across mid, im backstrafing spamming rend and getting continuous 30 hp procs over n over n over.. :p

lifesteal procs 6 times per minute ... rend has nothing to do with it. +15 agi for the crit and dodge imo

-------

probably the enchants have to do most with play style and who you're playing with. maybe i'm applying too much end-game to twinking theory, but if you have to rely on a 30hp boost from your weapon proc to live then you're healers aren't doing their jobs. just random thoughts though, feel free to disagree, or better yet, since enchants are cheap, do em all and see what works best for you :)

tribal said:
since parry only works for frontal attacks, wouldn't Enchant Shield Vitality (+10 sta - +10 spir) be the best choice? also, stamina will work against a hunter / magic user where parry will not

What's the point of having any avoidance at all if you're not going to try taking ALL damage from front? And atm the majority of the bracket is melee so I would not take 100 hp over 11% parry.

Hurrx said:
What's the point of having any avoidance at all if you're not going to try taking ALL damage from front? And atm the majority of the bracket is melee so I would not take 100 hp over 11% parry.

With the enormous amount of players that aren't experienced enough to strike back, 10parry shield is obviously still the enchant.

bankbeauty said:
With the enormous amount of players that aren't experienced enough to strike back, 10parry shield is obviously still the enchant.

Exactly my point

bamfcow said:
i have and always will use lifesteal. i donno if ppl ae aware but lifesteal procs like a mofo with rend :) matter of opinion tho i guess. im not one to run around while fcing 100% of the time. if i see a chance to kill comfortably i will :) and plus, while im fcing across mid, im backstrafing spamming rend and getting continuous 30 hp procs over n over n over.. :p

Yeah I guess lifestealing might be better than crusader for 1h weapons.

If you're turtling the flag, then yes. If you're trying to cap, stamina is king, because like it or not, a lot of dmg comes from behind as you're running (and even strafing). I think we all agree that gear is situational. If the OP didn't want to spend a ton, then stamina will always work and should be considered as 'multipurpose'. If he wants two shields, with two separate enchants (as he should), then use parry if turtling, against heavy melee, etc.

But to say "get this enchant because all that play are baddies" is 1) encouraging future baddies, and 2) gonna get him raped against non-baddies. Knowledge is king

tribal said:
If you're turtling the flag, then yes. If you're trying to cap, stamina is king, because like it or not, a lot of dmg comes from behind as you're running (and even strafing). I think we all agree that gear is situational. If the OP didn't want to spend a ton, then stamina will always work and should be considered as 'multipurpose'. If he wants two shields, with two separate enchants (as he should), then use parry if turtling, against heavy melee, etc.

Sure, if you want a stamina build then go for it. But as avoidance stacks so well on a level 10 I would recommend 10 parry.

tribal said:
But to say "get this enchant because all that play are baddies" is 1) encouraging future baddies, and 2) gonna get him raped against non-baddies. Knowledge is king

I think it's a lot easier to avoid damage from behind than to do damage from behind, even against non-baddies.

bamfcow said:

again... all up to opinion

and to answer your question mrcer, theres basically just me on horde (medivh) and a druid on alli (medivh) im sure alot of people have offsets with prob 1300-1500 hp in stam sets but i think its prob only 4-6 US wide for fc. basically, most of the 10-14 twinks are new and seeing wsg dont pop regularly, im guessing the vastmajority are built for wargame 2v2/3v3's and dueling.

Don't leave me out Bamf lol. I'm over 1900 buffed in prot. And those of us with real GF fc sets need to show up and fc, new twinks make mages!!!!!

Tên

Users who are viewing this thread