question double warglaive or thunderfury

facegift

Legend
Hello everyone

I got a quick question. I see rogues using 1 warglaive and 1 thunderfury, but thunderfury is a lvl 60 weapon so it has less dps than a warglaive. So i wanted to ask why people use warglaive + thunderfury instead of double warglaive. I am just curious.. :D. And want to know whats better double warglaive or warglaive and thunderfury :D.

Thank you!

Hello everyone

I got a quick question. I see rogues using 1 warglaive and 1 thunderfury, but thunderfury is a lvl 60 weapon so it has less dps than a warglaive. So i wanted to ask why people use warglaive + thunderfury instead of double warglaive. I am just curious.. :D. And want to know whats better double warglaive or warglaive and thunderfury :D.

Thank you!
because they are shit and don't have the second glaive, and use thunderfury because it looks cool? you shouldn't use either, take crux + blade of the unrequited.

ahh, really thought there was a reason for it :D, pff its not really worth the time to get it than, if its pretty useless?

Only for burst.
But even then, mongoose doesn't use the ppm system, so you are never guaranteed, and in fact you'll rarely get, a proc in your opener.
Dancing steel > Mongoose in all circumstances.

edit:
And the blade of unrequited vs crux comparison looks like this:
Wowhead Comparison
As you can see it's
2 agility
14 ap
9 crit rating

VS

30 stamina
27 haste rating
58,3 dps on your offhand

I would take the stamina, haste and extra dps (crux) over the very minor damage stats any day.
Maybe we can start talking about blade of the unrequited in battlegrounds, where agility gems are +20.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's pretty much my point at this stage. RPPM mechanics of dancing steel (including the fact that it "saves" it's proc chance so you're more and more likely to proc the longer you don't), Mongoose simply uses an icd. In addition, thanks to the gem changes there really isn't any use for the blade of the unrequited anymore.

Hello everyone

Thank you!

warglaive + thunderfury < double warglaive.

as for seeing what rogues show on armory and at the start of a BG when you inspect them that is for epeen, is not what they actually use after the BG starts and go into combat. most switch out to various configs....not all... these are most common

- Crux of the Apocalypse - Item - World of Warcraft in MH (some duel equip)_
- Blade of the Unrequited - Item - World of Warcraft OH
- Warglaive of Azzinoth - Item - World of Warcraft OH
- Hand of the Deceiver - Item - World of Warcraft OH

yes there are rogues who dual glaive, but it's not a common used config

That's pretty much my point at this stage. RPPM mechanics of dancing steel (including the fact that it "saves" it's proc chance so you're more and more likely to proc the longer you don't), Mongoose simply uses an icd. In addition, thanks to the gem changes there really isn't any use for the blade of the unrequited anymore.

in BGs all classes are considered 74, therefore their are no gems changes/nerfs other that one WOTLK epic stam gem. three delicate cardinal rubies are 20 agi each. rogues are using blade of the unrequited for primary stat stacking, for the same reason they wear the Necklace of the Deep - Item - World of Warcraft

in arenas with the gem nerf yes, i agree, blade of the unrequited may not be the way to go unless secondary stat stacking like crit, etc

Hand of Deciever* gem nerf made hand of deciever better than unrequited
Good point. Hand of the deciever in OH looks a bit better than crux even in arenas. Although, it is a lot slower, and I have no idea how that affects poison procs (if at all), but I'm guessing it's no big deal.

in BGs all classes are considered 74, therefore their are no gems changes/nerfs other that one WOTLK epic stam gem. three delicate cardinal rubies are 20 agi each. rogues are using blade of the unrequited for primary stat stacking, for the same reason they wear the Necklace of the Deep - Item - World of Warcraft

in arenas with the gem nerf yes, i agree, blade of the unrequited may not be the way to go unless secondary stat stacking like crit, etc
Everything you wrote in that post had already been mentioned previous in the thread. xd

there was a rogue named "gone" with asci letters, rogue was out doing other rogues by a landslide. i inspected while BG was on going, rogue was not using 4 piece brutal or slayer stacked, his gear was various BIS items for max agility along with hand of the deceiver in OH.

i inspected at the start of next BG, and rogue was still equipped with same gear, was not attempting to hide anything. after third BG, i whisper asked "why hand of the deceiver in OH?", response was "RPPM"

maybe the player is on TI and can display this set-up armory, or others know who i'm referring to?

Thunderfury could potentially be relevant for a couple seconds if you assume that an opposing rogue is going to switch his target.
If TF procs on him, it could be harder to get poison procs off on his new target.

And I don't even know if i'm right about this lol.
But yeah... TF is cool :)

Users who are viewing this thread