Protection Paladin

Valencia

Legend
Just looking for some critique.

Valencia @ Moon Guard - Community - World of Warcraft

Tried to go for some sort of hybrid, I believe. Not completely neglecting my resilience number for pure PvP Power. ( Though I wouldn't mind any suggestions for such a set.)
Do know for a fact my stompers aren't BiS, its rather a quick compromise while the BT boots decide to drop.
In regards to my level, wasn't intentional. Rather a long story to it, but the ultimatum was to level up an additional time for AW.

Nice Gear :) I have to agree your stompers aren't the best thing since sliced bread however! Your gear is still rather nice :) 7/10

Decent gear but the fact you're level 72 = lowers

soo ill give you a 7/10

Decent gear but the fact you're level 72 = lowers

soo ill give you a 7/10

Thats not very nice! I'll give you a little background.

Previously I had two Paladins, Horde side variant remained 72 since I wanted to tinker around a bit. As for my Alliance, she was meant to always be a 70; I had disabled my experience for a RBG and gained about half my level. ( None of us were aware at the time Rateds gave experience. ) So even though one of my fellow arena partners got a 'rollback', I'm afraid I'll be stuck at 72.

I'm pretty sure that for burst, 3 str gems in decent sockets + a crit strike meta does win out. You need a certain level of AP for PvP power to be better point for point anyway.

However, nice gear. Suggestion: get the sha'tar reputation shield. Two sockets > one (I assume this is why you've used the bloodstone band and agi neck :p)

I'm pretty sure that for burst, 3 str gems in decent sockets + a crit strike meta does win out. You need a certain level of AP for PvP power to be better point for point anyway.

However, nice gear. Suggestion: get the sha'tar reputation shield. Two sockets > one (I assume this is why you've used the bloodstone band and agi neck :p)

Hm, you think so? Right now I'm using Synapse to cover my lack of Strength, and it has done so rather nicely. But as 72 my secondaries aren't what they should be as compared to a 70, I assume my PvP Power will be at around 28-29ish percent should I regem.

There's a thread by glancealot somewhere which describes the effect of PvP power vs primaries. It requires a little math (Which I've been lazy about doing for my paladin), but there's a point around 2k-ish AP where PvP power wins out. But since you can't get 2k without some str gems, it's probably worth it to use the meta.

If you've got synapse you'll be covered for burst though.

was just saying since you have a weapon thats really just op, but nice gear over all. I didn't know the background story should've asked.

some people purposely level to 74 so they're op in arenas.

was just saying since you have a weapon thats really just op, but nice gear over all. I didn't know the background story should've asked.

some people purposely level to 74 so they're op in arenas.

Indeed, I've been made witness to 72 Paladins back in Cata when I was doing arenas.

As for my weapon, the weapon damage doesn't directly benefit my abilities; besides Crusader Strike which doesn't hit hard to begin with :p. Mainly use it for the Stamina and stats.

for a paladin I could see it useless, but for a melee class for example I see rogues using it.

for a paladin I could see it useless, but for a melee class for example I see rogues using it.

Useless? Eh, not really. Unless you're just regarding the Agility. I was referring to its' critical strike and hit rating, as well as the Stamina. I could use my Cleaver of the Unforgiving. But preferring the Niff's stats over 20 more Power

If you don't care about weapon damage (a 226 with crusader strike should rival your other attacks), chances are the dual socket blue would be best.

It doesn't really rival much to be honest, least from experience compared to the Brutal Slicer I used to have at 70. Though I've been looking for said blue, mind for a link?

Users who are viewing this thread