Priest?

ßeserk

Legend
Priest, viable DPS at 19??? What I a thinking is this,

A priest that DPS's and heals an eQual amount, Basically a hit capped priest that heals when someone is low, and dps's otherwise.

If so how would it be talented/glyphed/geared? I am thinking maxing spellpower for burst healing/dpsing so that i can throw a heal and dps or vise versa.

Note: Will not have access to BoA's. D:

So, a normal priest? Yeah priests work.

dont hitcap yourself if you are without boas

doesnt affect that much on a priest really, not to mention you dont need that shit in wsg

ßeserk said:
Lol, if priests do both DPS'ing and healing an eQual amount, then yes that is what I mean. :eek:

what is this.

And yes, priests are viable.

McBankington said:
what is this.

And yes, priests are viable.

Alright, yeah for that the q fell out on my keyboard so I character mapped capital and not lower case. lol

It's true that priests, when not healing, should be dealing damage.

Wanding is the best sustained damage source, but MindBlast and Smite can be useful bursting tools.

DoTs should be applied with extreme care in the average pug - and by that i mean you can waste a LOT of mana on not very efficient dots.

whatever you do, dont forget that glyph that makes you get 1% of your mana back for every tick your shadow word pain does.

use that glyph and tab-dot everyone.

insane mana regen there.

but besides that i think a priest is far to be good in DPS.

but still, tab-dotting is possible and with the glyph you'd be a great deal without losing any mana.

ArthurianKnight said:
whatever you do, dont forget that glyph that makes you get 1% of your mana back for every tick your shadow word pain does.

use that glyph and tab-dot everyone.

insane mana regen there.

That is a terrible, terrible idea. That is the exact opposite of mana regen, unless by mana regen you mean "draining your mana as fast and as recklessly as possible." The glyph will return 6% of the base mana if it goes full duration, which only then is 3/11ths of the initial cost of the spell, so about 20 from the 75 it costs.

Its advice like this that make me constantly question your knowledge of the subject.

----

Get Glyph of Dispel Magic. Since the priest's ability to defensively dispel is its most unique and important tool this will help you the most. It's especially useful when you're dispelling slows, dots and cc's from your flag carrier, as he will have a ton of health. The additional heal, even at 3%, will almost never be useless. It can even crit

I think he is wanted to actually DPS on a priest. Just dps. If you are going to do this, which isnt the smartest idea, roll horde. Pick up the inferno robe and boas.

Hmm, back in the day I've seen priests in shadow spec do insane dmg, with exceptional survivability. 3 things however:

A) I haven't seen someone do this in a VERY VERY VERY long time.

B) They MW crutched almost as much I used to :p

C) They didn't really heal anyone else besides themselves.

Users who are viewing this thread