Possible Cog Wheel Issue (Not sure if a recent issue) - Cataclysm inserts

sector3600

Veteran
On my lvl 14 warrior, I had:

Equipped -- Reinforced Retinal Armor made with Relic of the Past 1
inserted with

Quick Cogwheel (Haste) + Fractured Cogwheel (Mastery)

Made a Ghost Iron Dragonling with Relic of the Past 1
Inserted with

Smooth Cogwheel (Critical Strike) + Rigid Cogwheel (Critical Strike) + Precise Cogwheel (Haste)

Tried to equip it, and the UI said paraphrasing '"You have the maximum number of socketed into equipped items"'

So I replaced Rigid Cogwheel with Subtle Cogwheel (Dodge), re-tried to equip and still got the equipping error.

Replaced Precise Cogwheel with Flashing Cogwheel (Parry) and now could be equipped.

Yet looking through some armory toons, I'm seeing double Critical Strike and double Haste?
for example -

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/eu/draenor/exilsham

Last edited:
You sure you had the right ones? Sounds like you didnt have the right ones.

Definitely had one of each different named cogwheel from the Engineering vendor inserted. I will re-test on another character when I get Cataclysm Engineering leveled. I did have one previous lvl 20 character pre 9.1.5 + hot fixes that had two different named vendor cogwheels with Haste in one Ghost Iron Dragonling equipped but I did not have the cogwheel goggles yet.

The insertion of the different named cogwheels was not a error, only on a level 14 character did I first encounter the error when trying to equip the item if there was two with the same secondary. Most of the cogwheels are not as useful for some classes so not all my 20 and under characters have Cataclysm Engineering to 75.

Definitely had one of each different named cogwheel from the Engineering vendor inserted. I will re-test on another character when I get Cataclysm Engineering leveled. I did have one previous lvl 20 character pre 9.1.5 + hot fixes that had two different named vendor cogwheels with Haste in one Ghost Iron Dragonling equipped but I did not have the cogwheel goggles yet.

The insertion of the different named cogwheels was not a error, only on a level 14 character did I first encounter the error when trying to equip the item if there was two with the same secondary. Most of the cogwheels are not as useful for some classes so not all my 20 and under characters have Cataclysm Engineering to 75.
Try inserting them on another character and mail the dragon to your 14 then.

Try inserting them on another character and mail the dragon to your 14 then.

I just did, on a lvl 19 character it worked with a different named cogwheels with the same secondary.

But on a lvl 14 I still encounter the error "You have the maximum number of socketed into equipped items"

I kept the original dragonling with the extra haste and critical strike uniquely named cogwheels, created a new one with the parry/dodge replacements.

Users who are viewing this thread