perma coils?

greentea

Legend
theres this quest called When Science Attacks and it gives u a fireliminator X-21 and puts like these coil things on ur back looks awesome i remeber seeing someone with them permantly. doesnt anyone know what im talking about?

It's a quest in the human start zone. I assume you have to keep it in your quest log to keep them on your back.

It's actually an Ironforge Airport quest Mr. know-it-all.

I assume the item comes up from multiple quests, seen the human start zone one, seen horde players with it...

Hey if you're going to make a neat little quest backback why use it only once? Of course they put it in the game where more people could see it than only those who participate in a single quest.

I'm pretty sure they're all the same model. The first time I saw it used was in the gas mask that dropped in SFK for the Love is in the Air seasonal bosses, minus the mask. There's probably multiple quests using the same thing. Blizz love to use the same models on as many things as possible.

I was actually thinking about this yesterday. Is it even confirmed if other people can see it on your back?

I was actually thinking about this yesterday. Is it even confirmed if other people can see it on your back?

I have seen water tanks on the back of a ghost wolf shaman. It was funny. Yes you can see them on others.

The quest chain in hillsbrad foothills where you have to spray the oozes in south shore has the same jet pack look to it. And you can go into a bg with them on* but * holy hell the big bar in the middle of your screen ( from the quest ) is hella annoying and always there.

I just did the one in the human start zone, and you only have to keep an item in your inventory and the quest in your log, nothing else. Probably a glitch, but all I had was two small blue and white cubes on my back. I had done it a few months back and it did look the same. I'd be very surprised if Blizz made the models different, and yes, they can be seen by other people.

azshara has a quest at southern terminal area where you get a fire ext, only stays on you in azshara

human starter area has a quest where you get a fire ext, only stays on you there too

dwarf/gnome area has a quest at the iron forge airport where you get a fire ext....you keep it as long as you don't do the quest, stays on your back everywhere

I just did the one in the human start zone, and you only have to keep an item in your inventory and the quest in your log, nothing else. Probably a glitch, but all I had was two small blue and white cubes on my back. I had done it a few months back and it did look the same. I'd be very surprised if Blizz made the models different, and yes, they can be seen by other people.

This happened to me too until I downloaded the ~4gigs of Cata content. The same content that the lack of which is probably causing you to disconnect in Stormwind at times, if your situation was anything like mine.

I already made that Ironforge quest though, I might pick up the human starter zone one instead!

Thanks for letting me know that there's another one available =)

If i recall correctly, as i was slogging through silverpine for "bracers of the most trusted" there was a quest where you had to blast some salty sea orks with some firebrew. This also had some sort of container strapped to your back, maybe this could be an option horde side. cant remember the exact name of the quest sry

This happened to me too until I downloaded the ~4gigs of Cata content. The same content that the lack of which is probably causing you to disconnect in Stormwind at times, if your situation was anything like mine.

Yeah, I tried it. It didn't download anything new. I also noticed in the dousing quest that the item you throw was a cube too.

There's a random cube on the ground near the Draenei NPC by the moonbrook FP too. It bugs me every time I pass by.

Yeah it's a large incense thingy that looks really cool.... and I haven't seen it since I started playing the trial. Same with the human starter quest fire extinguisher, I'm betting it has something to do with the trial account but idk why there would be graphics limitations.

Basically, when people started crashing out because they encountered Cata client files that they didn't have, Blizzard's first attempt at a fix was to install those placeholder cubes for those that weren't Cata-enabled, in the hopes that it would fix the problem. It didn't, because they didn't replace all the content, just the ones that they thought people were most likely to encounter (the Mario Sunshine backpack (yes I went there), the incense burner, etc). At some point they started telling people to download the Cata client-side content, and it seems that whether or not your placeholder cubes got replaced was just random... for example I used to see the backpack as cubes and now I see the backpack, but the incense burner is still a cube to me. It's all very strange. I suspect that if a person installed the game from the online download, and then immediately did the "BC -> CT" trick to download the rest of the data before ever logging in, that they would be cube-free. I can't be sure about that though.

I know all this because I was plagued for a LONG time with perpetual instant disconnects in Stormwind due to someone being in the area who had some Cata armor or mount or something on them, and my client would just quit to the login screen... sometimes 50-60 times in a row. (until I'd give up or they'd leave the area) so I got lots of chance to get familiar with the problem.

P.S. I'm up at 6am and typing in a very rambling manner.

Users who are viewing this thread