perfect AP rogue

looking for a perfect ap rogue setup.

not 100% so looking for feedback on the following:

h: nocturnal cap of the tiger 12/12 (24)

n: medal of courage (20)

s: Vigorous Spaulders of the bandit (28)

b: ?

c: BOA - 4stats (34) ?

w: Branded leather - 24 ap (44)

h: Gloves of holy might - 26ap (46)

w: PVP belt (30)

l: wolf riders of power 38 (38)

f: wolf riders of power 28 - 12 agil (40)

r: Tumultuous of the bandit (21)

r: Aquamarine signet of agility (31)

t: figurine black pearl panther (none - 90 buff)

t: mark of the chosen (none -50 buff)

m/h: Fiendish Skiv - +7 wep dmg or 20 agil (8)

o/h: vanquishers sword - 20 agil (48)

range: monolithic bow

please let me know of anything i am missing/ better items

cheers,

-banc

bancrupt said:
looking for a perfect ap rogue setup.

not 100% so looking for feedback on the following:

b: ?

c: BOA - 4stats (34) ?

h: Gloves of holy might - 26ap (46)

r: Aquamarine signet of agility (31)

t: mark of the chosen (none -50 buff)

m/h: Fiendish Skiv - +7 wep dmg or 20 agil (8)

range: monolithic bow

please let me know of anything i am missing/ better items

cheers,

-banc

wsg dagger MH

all those +ap enchants are useless unless ure hit capped. a missed ambush does 0 dmg. i used to play that build ( flintrocks with naxx ap enchant as shoulders, 8 agi libram and nethercobra-- > 1.8k ambushes ) i think i had 700 ap or more then but the mining bug made it viable. with the above gear u end up way below 2k hp so out of stealth you pretty much die instantly

back is scorpashi with 12 agi

or engineering cape with 12 agi

tigerstrike mantle is good too but not tbc enchantable

ure goin to want speed increase so JC item golden hare is the only choice as other trinket since u didnt choose AB boots

im assuming human rogue?

Imo neck go with aquamarine if you can get alot you gain 6 stam with charges as you are already low for the same ap.

For cape BiS that i know of is Destroyer's Cloak 6str/6agi correct me if im wrong.

Shoulder's imo Boa less you want every last drop of ap. gain hit and for 1 ap loss.

Alchemy trinket gives 5str/5agi.

And agreed with above poster on wsg dagger.

Don't forget your Clamlette Magnifigue =P.

O ya forgot get Aquamarine Signet of the Tiger 8agi/7str >11agi ap wise.

all that AP stacking will hinder your health severely.

I tried it at 39 when i got my naxx'd flintrock shoulder, what i would suggest is wear a balanced set( 1agi=1stam=2AP) and then make a macro,

/cast vanish

/equipset AP-Set-Name-Here

and once your health drops down to whatever health you have in your AP set, use the macro.

here is a picture of my nerf'd naxx shoulder

:mad:

image.cgi

and about Fiendish Shiv vs Wsg Dagger

stats wise, fiendish shiv offers 1 more base dmg per hit. but wsg dagger offers a tiny bit more crit and 30 health, so wsg dagger is clearly better.

however, the main difference: 0.2 slower speed is a lot when it comes to PPM procs. for example, for something like mongoose that procs 1.5 times PM(per minute), every hit with fiendish shiv will have a 4.75% chance of proccing mongoose, with wsg dagger, it's only 4.25%. so you get a 11.8% increase (percentage wise) in proc chance when you use fiendish shiv.

so what I would do is, put mongoose on fiendish shiv and put 20 agility on wsg dagger.

Glass Cannon is Glass Cannon whether it was to be used or not. My health on mine sits at 1675 and is terrible.

Against most classes your ambush will break the skin at best but its fun for big numbers.

I can't think of a good reason to put mongoose or 20 agi on an ambush dagger unless its necessary for the 20agi's ap.

Imo get WSG dagger with +7 weapon damage and use Dense sharpening stones on it instead of poison.

The whole point in ap stacking is to optimize your weapon's damage range to amplify your ambushes. You will get better with the weapon damage stack from enchant and sharpening stone then 20 agi.

Mongoose on an ambush is like praying for a lifesaving crusader proc and is a waste from what ive seen.

Btw Blacktealeaf on Altar of Storms US is the name of mine and i think she is currently hemo with ap gear on aside from zf mallet. She isnt perfect yet but dam close.

Technically its going to be impossible for any current 39 rogue to get a perfect ambush set if he doesnt have one already. BiS (max AP) gloves are bandit gloves that come from 25-35 satchels (22ap, tbc enchantable).

Theres alot wrong with this setup too, in addition to the comments already posted. WSG dagger is better than fiendish skiv, but not because of procs per minute (lol???), but because daggers normalize at 1.7 speed. If youre wanting PERFECT attack power gear, then technically a 38AP chest with 6 stats gives the most damage.

b: destroyers cloak - 12 agil (24)

c: 38 ap chest - 6 stats (50)

h: satchel bandit gloves - 26ap (48)

r: Aquamarine signet of tiger (35)

t: alchemy trink (10)

m/h: wsg dagger - +7 wep dmg (8)

range: monolithic bow (15)

total - 483

just have to check race on chardevs

thanks all

buffs anyone??

Since youre clearly talking about 'perfect AP' as in 'most attack power possible' you should replace 7 weapon damage with 20 agility mainhand. If youre really wanting an 'optimal AP' build you should change a few things still, such as using BoAs to get hit capped, and having better profs than alchemy/JC.

7 weapon damage correlates to around 50AP... that's the point. The ultimate goal is the highest damage range possible. This is why you take MoS, because that translates to around 200AP...

elesian said:
7 weapon damage correlates to around 50AP... that's the point. The ultimate goal is the highest damage range possible. This is why you take MoS, because that translates to around 200AP...

My point was he has other pieces of gear that are minimal AP increases in place of major 'efficiency' such as lack of BoAs, or in lieu of BoAs, items with hit rating on them.

the idea behind this character is big ambush crits, nothing more, nothing less.. i wouldn't be silly enough to run this setup in wsg/arena... just something for kicks.

i'm yet to create the character so i can perfect him/her - dungeon gloves etc. just waiting on a few more boe's. just picked up a perfect 12/12 tiger cap last night :D

if anyone on a ruin server has the following id be highly interested when i transfer my 19 over:

- 38 ap chest

- 28 ap boots

my perfectionist mind cant deal with imperfs, thanks in advance :)

Users who are viewing this thread