not feelin cata

Brokeboi

Legend
as tonight will be my last night playing before cata (because i dont play on weekdays). i have come to a realization, i am not excited for cata. I have just finally gotten my mage into decent gear, and now i have to level to 85 and work on guild boas. Another thing is that i hate boas, all though i have them, they take out a fundamental and fun part of the game, getting new gear. Whats the joy in leveling if you have boas.

som may say "well people that already have 80's want to level faster and dont care about new gear"

but what about the people without 80's? they will never be top dps in a dungeon, never have the best gear in a bg, and never gain more experience that a player with boas.

thats my 2 cents and please dont flame or troll or god knows what other negative things you want to come up with.

Steamed said:
as tonight will be my last night playing before cata (because i dont play on weekdays). i have come to a realization, i am not excited for cata. I have just finally gotten my mage into decent gear, and now i have to level to 85 and work on guild boas. Another thing is that i hate boas, all though i have them, they take out a fundamental and fun part of the game, getting new gear. Whats the joy in leveling if you have boas.

som may say "well people that already have 80's want to level faster and dont care about new gear"

but what about the people without 80's? they will never be top dps in a dungeon, never have the best gear in a bg, and never gain more experience that a player with boas.

thats my 2 cents and please dont flame or troll or god knows what other negative things you want to come up with.

You might be right, but I have to tell you something. I don't get people that ''don't'' have mains. How can you 'not' have a main if you want one?

And for my part when Wotlk went live I didn't want to play 80 at all and simply leveled a DK 80 really quickly to get BoA and abandoned it after.

bankbeauty said:
You might be right, but I have to tell you something. I don't get people that ''don't'' have mains. How can you 'not' have a main if you want one?

And for my part when Wotlk went live I didn't want to play 80 at all and simply leveled a DK 80 really quickly to get BoA and abandoned it after.

i have a main, i just dont like farming gear when i would rather do 1 quest on my twink for a pair of shoulders and then be done

I wonder if you combine all the new BoAs with the current ones + the guild level 5% experience buff, will it go over 100%?

Ancient said:
I wonder if you combine all the new BoAs with the current ones + the guild level 5% experience buff, will it go over 100%?

10 from shoulders 10 from helm 5 from back 10 from chest 5 from ring 5 from other ring 10 from legs= 55 percent

bankbeauty said:

and by people without 80s i mean the ones that are new to wow, you dont automatically get an 80 lol

You dont even need RAF to lvl to 60 fast. Ive just leveled a warrior to 60 in 3 days (not play time, 3 consecutive days), it only takes about 30 mins a level even 50+

For me, I dont want a main. I am VERY competitive by nature and if I have a main I play it to the exclusion of everything else. When my priest hit 80 I told myself I would not touch endgame (having played in BC to a very high level but at the cost of my social life (for at least s4)). Of course, as soon as I hit 80 I got sucked into Naxx etc.. and eventually started PvEing a ton and grinding arena ( I "quit" 3 times but kept coming back). I want to play without a main now so I dont tempt myself. I already have a gladiator capable team in both arena and Rated BG's set up for me as well as being in the top PvE guild for my faction on my realm. IF I hit 85 I wont be twinking, which would eventually make me unhappy.

Hi Evocate,

I have an 80 now so I can be legitimitely placed on a scale measuring proficiency at end game. Thanks for keeping an out of context quote in your signature for over a year now.

Love,

Hamcake

Hamcake said:
Hi Evocate,

I have an 80 now so I can be legitimitely placed on a scale measuring proficiency at end game. Thanks for keeping an out of context quote in your signature for over a year now.

Love,

Hamcake

lol 10 charassss

Steamed said:

i feel ya. im not too excited about Cata either..i have 2 80s..but i never play them anymore now that twinking for 19s is back on ALL servers...and i think the guild rep boas cost gold..and u can buy them at any level...well thats what i heard...and i also heard lvling from 80-85 will be like lvling from 70-80..which sucks. i do agree BoA changed twinking a WHOLE lot...and that Blizz is a little overly excited with making new BoAs...they dont think about twinking at all it seems these days..but just hope for the best..personally..im probably not getting cata. but i WILL twink :)

tamer said:
i feel ya. im not too excited about Cata either..i have 2 80s..but i never play them anymore now that twinking for 19s is back on ALL servers...and i think the guild rep boas cost gold..and u can buy them at any level...well thats what i heard...and i also heard lvling from 80-85 will be like lvling from 70-80..which sucks. i do agree BoA changed twinking a WHOLE lot...and that Blizz is a little overly excited with making new BoAs...they dont think about twinking at all it seems these days..but just hope for the best..personally..im probably not getting cata. but i WILL twink :)

Your going to get flaaamed for thimking blizz cares about us lol

Khanodruid had a similar thread....

...about being bummed at having to regear due to xpac. There was also some of that 'Blizz hates us' sentiment expressed in the thread somewhere.

I've only been playing about two years, so my experience is somewhat limited. And, I have no 80s b/c once I discovered WSG and then twinks I pretty much stopped playing against anything else; so I have no BoAs either. And, I'm only just okay.

But.... I still love it. And I think Blizz has actuallly gone pretty far to try to accommodate twinks. XP-off separated legit, competitive 19s from levelers and dealt w/ the newb-gankers that gave twinks a bad name. Queues were lousy tho. So, now they've merged battlegroups. It's still buggy, but it's a godsend. There's still plenty of good gear for 19s, incl. those BoAs. They only nerfed the crazy-OP stuff that bordered on exploits, e.g. leg enchants.

I hope TI folks will always make a point to show their appreciation to Blizz on the official forums b/c twinks' reputation is no longer ruined by those newb-gankers: now, twinks make their own rep. And I would hate to see it come down to so much complaining that Blizz finally does say, 'screw them!'.

(Not saying either Steamed or Khano is hurting twinks in any way.)

10chars.....lol

curleypwnsu said:
just RAF to 60 lvl 60-70 isn't to bad and 71-80 is reduced by 20 percent

If you take the history of World of Warcarft - we are on 100% experience increase. When WotLK hit - all exp from 1-70 was decreased by 20%. Same thing happened when Cataclysm pre-patch hit, meaning we're down another 20%. With all the BoAs racking up a 60% experience gain, one could argue that we are indeed on a +100% experience gain compared to vanilla - if you're racked up with all boas etc.

Levelling these days are rather easy guys - don't see it as a challenge... I did slow BG levelling (mostly for fun and to honour cap for Cata) on my level 72 warrior, and I ding'd 80 in about 4 days non-hardcore... now, that's without BoAs because I don't think BoAs have any effect on BGs (never the less I didn't have my BoAs EQ'd due to worse stats) so it wasn't really that though.

My mate did like 1-40 in 2 days.. was lols not even hard any more :p

Sharper said:
...about being bummed at having to regear due to xpac.

Haha yep I did, and when i went into lolragewithdrawal from wow/TI for a few days it evolved into something ridiculous and got locked... But it basically was just me venting about having to "start over" and having some similar feelings to Steamed.

Sharper said:
There was also some of that 'Blizz hates us' sentiment expressed in the thread somewhere.

Wrong thread? I understand your rant about Blizzard's regards to twinks and their name but I'm pretty sure it was elsewhere. Or it wasn't me at least.

Yeah, it wasn't you.

"rant"?! Sorry, I meant to express something positive. I'm loving the game. Love seeing great twinks. It's not perfect, but it's pretty good. My biggest concerns are my own play and getting a decent pre-made team together. Merger makes the need for premades more obvious.

Users who are viewing this thread