new laptop

Falkor

Twink Info Legend
hp dv6t quad core edition

4gigs of ram

320 gig HDD (not rly a big deal cuz i have 2x 1TB externals)

quad core processor, 1.6ghz - each core- 1333fsb big l2 cache

blue ray drive

blah blah blah

all for 979.99

should be arriving december 18th or somethin

should finally be able to play on max settings again....been since vanilla. bc and lk lag me too much on my 500$ craptop so i keep all the settings low as hell XD

the only thing i wish i could have gotten was an internal solid state hdd, which dell offers but hp doesnt. lame, but oh well still a kick ass deal imo

Twinkzruz said:
Lol i want to know the blah blah blah..

nvidia 230M 1gig gfx card

&

i'll actually have a full keyboard with a number pad with im excited for, i currently have a cramped keyboard with no num pad (stand alone num lock is the main thing i want for all the auto running i do...atm i have to hit a special key + scroll to num lock)

but thats about it. no tv tuner or anything special, just excited to get a new laptop after 3 years with my $500 laptop.

oh and ill have windows 7 after years of (shitt) vista. i was tempted to downgrade to xp when i 1st got my laptop but by the time i thought of it i already had wow and everything installed and didnt wanna repeat that >.>

~wat? (10)

hmm well maybe this time i'll just use xp with sp2....but ive yet to hear a bad word about w7 yet

Cptheal said:
...imo XP > W7 > Vista

well, actually it is:

OSX > ... > some linux/bsd distros > ... > W7 > some other linux/bsd distros > OS9 > W98 > W3.11 > ... > vista.

and this is only macOS, linux/bsd and windows.

if a comp is not able to run OSX, it is not worth gettin it.... at least if you use for anything else than gaming aswell.

OSX runs games?

o.0

well, blizz is supporting mac for ages... and with intels inside there are more games released for mac.

it is still not THE gaming platform, but i am not using my comp for games only. if a game is not released for mac, i'm not goin to play it. period. you can boot a winXP/7 on a mac just for gaming purposes if you wish... but that's nothing i want to do.

at the end of the day macs/osx > pcs/win overall and there is no game or office suite out there, that forces me to use any windows system again!

after installing a win system, the first thing you have to do is fixing and guarding it. the first thing you have to do after installing a linux/bsd system, is trying to understand it and then fixing its drawbacks. the first thing you have to do after installing osx, is to figure out what you want to do with. and that is what i want to do... USING it, not FIXING it.

at the end of the day pc > mac regardless of operating system

macs are overpriced "pieces of art"...they are inferior technologically, allow no customization, all proprietary

someday people will make viruses (they already do) and such for macs then you wont be all high and mighty with your 'using not fixing' and such.....just you wait. i would much rather be able to build my system from the ground up with parts i choose and all that good stuff than buy an overpriced piece of aluminum

Falkor said:
at the end of the day pc > mac regardless of operating system

macs are overpriced "pieces of art"...they are inferior technologically, allow no customization, all proprietary

someday people will make viruses (they already do) and such for macs then you wont be all high and mighty with your 'using not fixing' and such.....just you wait. i would much rather be able to build my system from the ground up with parts i choose and all that good stuff than buy an overpriced piece of aluminum

hehe lol. seems you are not in the bizniz.

well, most of the people will be fine using a windows pc... but that has nothing to do with a good product.

i'm not goin to jump on your arguments, but they are pointless. far off tbh.

let's end this discussion here. just have fun with your new comp.

Users who are viewing this thread