My worries about 19 ret pallys in cata

Just think about it, 19 ret pallys with all these new spells, it's going to be so faceroll. Basically compare it to a 60 twink ret pally, Judgment>hoj>crusaderstrike>divine storm, within in that time I assume their will be allot of damage output. With the introduction of Flash of light pallys will find it much easier to survive, simply fake cast with a quick Flash of light and follow up with a holy light. Also persuit of justice and hand of freedom will make them a bitch to chase down and kill.

What are your thoughts on 19 ret pallys in cata?

If hand of freedom is in at 19, it can still be purged.

Pursuit of Justice might as well be called "Boot Enchant". They won't go any faster than they do now. The only difference is that they can give their boots a stat enchant rather than the Minor Run Speed enchant.

Divine Storm won't be hitting like it does now.

Not saying they won't be awesome, just saying that there is a chance that they won't be OP.

Honestly, I wouldn't be too shocked if prot turns out better. Still get Crusader Strike, 40 sec CD on HoJ, increased damage on Seals, Avenger Shield will hit like a truck and Daze, not too mention, if you try to kill them, they will get Vengence. Since twinks generally have bloated health totals already, and vengence gives attack power based on your health, this could be extremely OP.

They will have ToT problems, so they'll find it difficult to unload all their burst potential on a target, however they will be very difficult to kill.

Get over it. We have been under-powered for long enough!

Eliot said:
Get over it. We have been under-powered for long enough!

Holy123456

OP, their going to be really easy to kite other than their one stun, which doesn't take that long to get out of, so odds are a lot of them will be going prot to get the shield's daze instead of divine storm

Ok,

Paladin Ret spec is insane because they have an insane mana regen, a lot of SP and a great burst. But they aren't OP as you could think.

In fact, crusader's strike deals between 100 and 120 damage. Divine storms is shitty and deals 40-50 Aoe damage and costs TO MUCH mana. Exorcism deals 200-250 damage but has 2,5 cast time.

At the end, when you see a hunter dealing over 1500 damage in 1 sec... !!

Users who are viewing this thread