Monk Advice

WW or BM Monk in 3v3? Look Below, Also.

• Total voters

Asswhoopin

Legend
Here is the general debate I've been going through in my head: BM or WW in 3v3? I like BM, and can play it, but WW is said to be more Arena-ish, but at the same time, BM has more stamina, snares, Clash, everything.

Plus, I just rerolled on a new server, LS, so is two Honor Heirloom Trinkets okay, or should I farm AGM before even participating in 3v3 as a Monk?

On top of that, what is the best comp for a Monk? I think it might be different for BM/WW, so I am going to list some I think will be appropriate:

WW
Boomy/Priest (or Hpala)
Mage/Priest (or Hpala)

BM
Warrior/Sham
Rogue/Priest

Now, in making these comps, keep in mind that BM has more snares for a melee cleave. WW, though does not. In my personal opinion either Mage/Priest or Rogue/Sham (Priest) might be more viable than anything else, especially for a Monk.

I think boomy/priest/ WW- would be good if you have good timing with the priest burst and ww stun.

I personally prefer WW in arenas (and WSG). Brewmaster has burst but a lot of times it's not nearly enough to get kills in 3s. The stun from Clash also isn't very reliable; it doesn't function the way it's supposed to a lot of the times.

If you don't have AGM, don't bother doing 3s as WW. You'll get eaten alive, since WW monks are extremely squishy in arena.

As far as your AGM is concerned, thanks to CRZs, it takes as much time as getting a Kalu'ak Fishing Pole and that's far more worth it (though it may be GFed since the suspended fishing tournaments, I can't remember)

Clash functions as an interrupt.

Yes, but what I mean is sometimes the 4 second stun does not activate when you clash someone. This is a known flaw (or bug) in the mechanics of this spell (and the many other monk spells) and has been complained about quite a bit on the WoW forums.

Yes, but what I mean is sometimes the 4 second stun does not activate when you clash someone. This is a known flaw (or bug) in the mechanics of this spell (and the many other monk spells) and has been complained about quite a bit on the WoW forums.

I wasn't intending it to be a reply to your statement, but good info.

Users who are viewing this thread