Merely a Setback (lvl 70 raiding guild)

Merely a Setback is a lvl 70 raiding guild on the server Draka. We are a raiding/pvp guild with the main focus of raiding, but we pvp on the side when members want to. Our raiding schedule is Tuesday and Friday at 6:30 pm Central (7:30 eastern). Days may most likely be added if more people are inclined to join.

Be a team player

We are looking for people who will have a certain range of maturity, but as GM I am pretty laid back. I will expect you to be serious though when the guild needs it. We need people who will work as a team and respect one another to a certain point.

Progression

Progression wise the guild is currently working on Tier 5 raids such as Serpent Shrine Cavern and Tempest Keep (The Eye). We are currently also in Hyjal, with the first three bosses down.

Rules and policies

Nobody likes rules, but we need them for a reason. I am rather lenient on rules, but if I have to ask more then twice you're going to be removed from the raid. Since this is a lvl 70 raiding guild you will only be able to use gems and enchants that were in Burning Crusade. However when we are not raiding you will be able to use what ever you like. It's just only during raiding time will you have to switch out of gear we no not allow. Glyphs we do not allow except for minor ones that are mainly cosmetic example would be glyph of treant. It has no effects on the druid except for that the druid can turn into a treant. Gear is also determined based on the current highest raid we have cleared. At the current moment, the highest peice of gear anyone is allowed to wear is 141 Ilevel.

Loot

Now for looting goes we use a dkp system vs just rolling. Me and a few of the other creators of the guild really liked the idea of a dkp system because we want people to earn loot instead of just coming in rolling a 99 and taking a best in slot piece from somebody who has been raiding for it for a long time then a week later skipping town. Legendary items will be dkp/loot council to see if the person who is bidding is active with the guild, they're making raids, and setting a good raider example.

Clearing things up

And to be clear with everyone: Merely a Setback is a raiding guild looking to progress through content while having fan and doing some pvp on the side while we are not raiding. Days might be added as we get more members to clear content quicker, but the times will stay the same. And if you miss a raid do not sweat it I know family things come up as well as some accidents we cannot control just let an officer or myself know about it when you get the time.

Info

We do have a website Merely a Setback - Draka - WoW - Guild Hosting - Guild Launch so if you're interested you can fill out an application there or if you have any questions feel free to post them here and we will get back to you.

Tbh, I'm rather interested but my current 70 is dk with BiS for tanking =P which means 1. I would have to level up something else or 2. I would have to downgrade all the gear. Can you let me know what roles your looking for atm if you dont allow dk's?

primarily looking for tanks and more dps.

We don't really have any raiding paladins or mages at this moment, and only have one warlock.
We however accept any class/spec, although we would like to keep from any more priests lol.

Are you guys still active with your raiding schedule? I have been considering transferring one of my 70's off Thrall but don't want to move again to an inactive guild. Hope you are still going strong.

Users who are viewing this thread