Mercenary Mode

damn this is just stupid

How is it "stupid"? Please explain why you think it is "stupid".
It is awesome if lower levels have access to it. It could lower queue times, it could help with faction imbalance... There are many many positives to be had if lower levels have access.

Sweetsidney

I hope it doesn't become a thing. Wtf is the point of even having a faction anymore
I think blizzard likes ruining this game

It is quite simple, don't use it if you don't like it. Then you can't complain about it not being for you.
Although I am sure some will find some way to complain. They always do. They always do.
Take flying for instance. People are already crying about not being able to fly in Legions when we can't even fly in WoD. People need to get over their sense of entitlement already. What a great source of a study!

Sweetsidney

I'm sure whatever happens there will be pros and cons but I guess it just is what it is and even if the "mercenary mode" does go into action, we will all figure it out and we'll just have to give it time to settle in.

Unsure why you guys think this is stupid.. yes sure LORE wise this is retarded, but for the game I think it's good, all I can say is faster pops and better quality games.

I don't want to play with horde. I want to play against horde.
They are also making gear almost mean nothing in pvp. I know the free to plays are jerking it hard for that but it's seriously dumb. That's all twinking has been about since day one. Gear. It will be based on item level. So a warrior can put on an item level 300 piece with spirit and that will be better than something his level with strength. It's retarded. Also, spirit will be a main stat for agility users.
I'm gonna give legion a try, it deserves it, but every patch, every expansion, they make this game worse. If gear does nothing like they're saying, I'm giving away my account come legion.

iirc mercenary mode is only available to lvl 100s and you have to use a npc to queue (like the old battlemasters) that is located inside of ashran

I hope it doesn't become a thing. Wtf is the point of even having a faction anymore
I think blizzard likes ruining this game

Most of us, if not all of us, have characters on both factions(twink or non-twink, it doesn't matter)

Unless you have never in your life rolled a toon on each faction, I truly don't see the difference.

People are saying that folks will just go mercenary to fuck with the opposing team when they're losing. If that's the case why aren't people doing that now, when most of them HAVE that toon hanging on the opposite faction? People are more interested in winning than sabotaging their own team.

If you don't want to play for the opposite faction, don't utilize mercenary mode, it's as simple as that. The only thing this will do to pvp is cut out the middle-man of needing to roll a toon on the opposite faction(although that's never gonna stop, just part of the game)

iirc mercenary mode is only available to lvl 100s and you have to use a npc to queue (like the old battlemasters) that is located inside of ashran

You have played on the PTR? They have not given us enough information to say that lower level can or cannot use it. That is why I posted this thread.
Lowbies can get on Ashran.

They are also making gear almost mean nothing in pvp. I know the free to plays are jerking it hard for that but it's seriously dumb. That's all twinking has been about since day one. Gear. It will be based on item level. So a warrior can put on an item level 300 piece with spirit and that will be better than something his level with strength. It's retarded. Also, spirit will be a main stat for agility users.
I'm gonna give legion a try, it deserves it, but every patch, every expansion, they make this game worse. If gear does nothing like they're saying, I'm giving away my account come legion.

If you have played any RBGs, you have probably been playing as Horde for years. Even if you were an Alliance player. Albeit, not quite like this.

Even if you don't like, just do not choose to use the feature. Let others reap it's benefits.

Sweetsidney

Once again I think you are closed down in your little box way to hard, sure gearing for me was a HUGE factor and I would be happy to see it stay, but once again all I can hope for is more balance and better games. And just to clarify a thing I am FAR from a free 2 play. I have thrown alot of money after my twinks for the right ZG / NAXX enchants and what not, but that doesn't mean I cant be happy for this change, simply because I hope for a better and more balanced bracket.

Nothing bad about this at all from a twink perspective, can't wait. Legion seems cool aswell, just not informed enough about the class/spec scale instead of gear. Is gear just to look cool now? Can u run around naked with same stats as all others?

Users who are viewing this thread