Melee RestoSh?

Pexela

Veteran
So, this is a probably a dumb question, but has anyone tried Maelstrom RestoSh? Can it even work? And on that note, any funsies out there builds? Seems like we have a lack of build discussion.

So, this is a probably a dumb question, but has anyone tried Maelstrom RestoSh? Can it even work? And on that note, any funsies out there builds? Seems like we have a lack of build discussion.
I feel like three was an opposite meme build, the EnHEALment Shammy.
Don't feel to do the leg work to excavate the thread for you... again, it was really a speculative meme build
Haven't heard anything about the Mael-Resto build... maybe you want to give it a shot & brief everyone?

If proc chance is 20 % and you use the Princess Theradras Blade with the 1.8 sec attack speed that would be an average of 6.667 PPM (affected by haste).
Then again it means you're only auto-attacking thus not having much room for spellcasting.
If you were to wait half a second after your casts -assuming it give you the time to autoattack- that would bring it to about 5 PPM meaning one instant cast spell every minute.
Is that worth it over all the time lost on your spellcasting? Doubtfull. Would that be funnier to play? Eh, why not?

Also on the topic of meme builds, considering we have 11 talent points, we can really try out too many options and it really limits the meme potential. Most non-serious builds are just plain bad and underwhelming without any real gimmick to make them stand out. All that said if that's your thing go ahead, I'd love to be proven wrong :)

I feel like three was an opposite meme build, the EnHEALment Shammy.
Don't feel to do the leg work to excavate the thread for you... again, it was really a speculative meme build
Haven't heard anything about the Mael-Resto build... maybe you want to give it a shot & brief everyone?
I'm nowhere near an expert to figure out gearing and playstyle for this kind of thing. That being said, i did play some Flurry-Mael Resto and the things i noticed is that Primal Strike has a locked damage component around 34 damage, independent of your Spellpower, which is weird, and caster weapons are...weak. Really weak.

The dream of Sword-and-Board Shaman is far still.
If proc chance is 20 % and you use the Princess Theradras Blade with the 1.8 sec attack speed that would be an average of 6.667 PPM (affected by haste).
Then again it means you're only auto-attacking thus not having much room for spellcasting.
If you were to wait half a second after your casts -assuming it give you the time to autoattack- that would bring it to about 5 PPM meaning one instant cast spell every minute.
Is that worth it over all the time lost on your spellcasting? Doubtfull. Would that be funnier to play? Eh, why not?

Also on the topic of meme builds, considering we have 11 talent points, we can really try out too many options and it really limits the meme potential. Most non-serious builds are just plain bad and underwhelming without any real gimmick to make them stand out. All that said if that's your thing go ahead, I'd love to be proven wrong :)
Yeah, a lot of the builds seem to come online later. I was thinking of instacasting Acid Rains, but alas...

Users who are viewing this thread