Marvel MCU - SPOILER Talk/Discussion

Tom Ganks

Hey guys.
Having just seen Avengers AOU, I wanted to take the time to create this thread and share thoughts and predictions, as well as discuss current standings in the Marvel universe. And also discuss what we think about certain decisions and directions taken for character and plot development

For me, I'm pretty satisfied with what has happenned. I obviously don't need another spiderman origin story rehash, but I am interested in how they will introduce him, having announced he will be a part in it. I'm guess he will be introduced somewhere in Captain America Civil War, but with a small role or brief appearence. Most likely towards the end or post credits. I'm guessing his hero status starts somewhere after the Avengers or possibly the Winter Soldier (2 years after the avengers). So it would decently explain why he didn't conveniently sling into the scene and help out against the alien invasion that threatened his home town (city).
As for Antman, I would guess he comes into play a short time after Age of Ultron.
For the Guardians of the Galaxy, I remember Rocket mentioning he didn't have a long lifespan. I wanna see if they test that, since he is in fact an experiment and had secondhand contact (so to speak) with the power gem. Thus possibly increasing his lifespan, seeing how many of us wouldn't wish him old age in a few years time.
And seeing how Starlord hasn't been to earth since childhood, he now has the freedom to do as he pleases (without a bounty hunter gang on his tail), he just might revisit earth, and meet the Avengers. I seriously doubt earth's technology would phase him as much as its new generation of music (for better or worse, we could see a new mix tape). And after visiting earth, he will tell the avengers of what threats are present and the location of the power gem. This just might be what influences the avengers to take flight and fight beyond earth's orbit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPvhV2vTDZo
W0f92Nk.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Avengers/Marvel SPOILER Talk

If you're talking about the after credits scene, it was a confirmed joke ^^
Spoilers!!
The real after credits scene is where thanos has that glove of power with 4 other of those power crystals where he says "fine i'll do it myself then" with what he means destroying the world :p

Lol the black panther one.... XD it's like making a movie about Hawkeye or black widow

If you're talking about the after credits scene, it was a confirmed joke ^^
Spoilers!!
The real after credits scene is where thanos has that glove of power with 4 other of those power crystals where he says "fine i'll do it myself then" with what he means destroying the world :p

I know that, but they really did confirm Spidey in the MCU, with agreement from Sony. Most likely wont be Andrew Garfield/Toby Macguire's version.
Sony Pictures Entertainment Brings Marvel Studios Into The Amazing World Of Spider-Man | News | Marvel.com

Last edited:

Civil War is probably the greatest super hero story ever made. They better not mess it up.
It will either be the greatest super hero movie of all time or the biggest let down ever.

Bump. Watched s1 of Daredevil last weekend, and I must say, it was AWESOME. I'd love to see an appearence in Civil War, because it really seems as though the first season really stuck onto the relevance of the NY invasion (Avengers)

30UjYHp.jpg

Last edited:
I don't know if you guys were around in the early '90's when the Infinity Gauntlet series came out.. but after defeating Thanos,
people like Dr. Strange, Spiderman, Mr. Fantastic were some the infinity stone keepers..

It's been a long time since I read them, but I remember the crossovers because heroes were disappearing at the end of there stories, because Adam Warlock and Dr. Strange were "recruiting" them to fight against Thanos... who by the way had Mephisto on his side, who they haven't even shown yet :(

and his whole plan is just to please Death, his mistress.

I don't know if you guys were around in the early '90's when the Infinity Gauntlet series came out.. but after defeating Thanos,
people like Dr. Strange, Spiderman, Mr. Fantastic were some the infinity stone keepers..

It's been a long time since I read them, but I remember the crossovers because heroes were disappearing at the end of there stories, because Adam Warlock and Dr. Strange were "recruiting" them to fight against Thanos... who by the way had Mephisto on his side, who they haven't even shown yet :(

and his whole plan is just to please Death, his mistress.

Really looking forward to Dr Strange, and it's supposedly casting Benedict Cumberbatch. Although I don't see any possibility of Fantastic 4 getting thrown into the mix. I'm currently reading up on many of the characters in the comics. A part of me is hoping Thanos isn't the final boss. He's cool and all, and so is the Gauntlet. But I would like to see a new threat Maybe Galactus. But I'm also unsure, as something too big and powerful will make all of our heroes seem weak and useless.

I also saw Antman the other day, loved it. Just had a cliche' villain.

Really looking forward to Dr Strange, and it's supposedly casting Benedict Cumberbatch. Although I don't see any possibility of Fantastic 4 getting thrown into the mix. I'm currently reading up on many of the characters in the comics. A part of me is hoping Thanos isn't the final boss. He's cool and all, and so is the Gauntlet. But I would like to see a new threat Maybe Galactus. But I'm also unsure, as something too big and powerful will make all of our heroes seem weak and useless.

I also saw Antman the other day, loved it. Just had a cliche' villain.

hmm.. you think Fantastic 4 is just a reboot and nothing to do with the Infinity Gauntlet? I don't know.. haven't really read into it, just assumed since the comic books involved them in the Infinity Gauntlet, thought that's why they were doing a reboot, like Spider-man.

Although, I am excited to see Benedict Cumberbatch as Dr. Strange. Him and Johnny Depth were the only 2 I wanted to see as him, but preferrably Benedict.

Unfortunately, I'm at sea, so I haven't seen Antman.. can't wait!

hmm.. you think Fantastic 4 is just a reboot and nothing to do with the Infinity Gauntlet? I don't know.. haven't really read into it, just assumed since the comic books involved them in the Infinity Gauntlet, thought that's why they were doing a reboot, like Spider-man.

Although, I am excited to see Benedict Cumberbatch as Dr. Strange. Him and Johnny Depth were the only 2 I wanted to see as him, but preferrably Benedict.

Unfortunately, I'm at sea, so I haven't seen Antman.. can't wait!

Well Fox is doing the new F4, which isn't currently a part of the MCU, and Marvel got lucky with Sony regarding Spidey. But yea, I would like to see Marvel's take on it. Fox's version looks cringeworthy.

Well Fox is doing the new F4, which isn't currently a part of the MCU, and Marvel got lucky with Sony regarding Spidey. But yea, I would like to see Marvel's take on it. Fox's version looks cringeworthy.

oh great.. didn't Fox do the X-Men? They really messed that series up. I don't even want to go into it >.<

Hulk and X-Men were my favorite growing up.

Users who are viewing this thread