Mark of honor for F2P?

Xaph

Hello xpoff,

I'm a F2P rogue trying to get his gems together. Since the +4 agi gems come from marks of honor but bgs dont pop regularly I figured the only way to obtain them is by gaining 2k honor to buy five marks in the Orboreal Distinguishment container. With that in mind I stumbled upon the war crates in dragonflight which reward you 150 honor each and while that aint the best it still aint bad either.

Since I couldnt figure it out on wowhead I ask you guys. Is there a set rotation for these crates? And is the 15-20 min respawn correct?

Thanks alot for your answers
Greetings Xaph

I don't really know about how the crate rotation works as I've seen two up almost simulteanously in Ohn'hara Plains and Waking Shores and sometimes it's just nothingness.

That said the 20th anniversary is close and with it comes Korrak's revenge which is an easy way to get honor and marks of honor.
As a bonus it will last a lot longer this year, around 2,5 months.

I'd say don't bother with the crates, farm the Korrak BG on as many alts as you can and you're golden.

Korraks will be ur best bet.

If u have a Legion Class Hall there is a mission that awards a quest and a MoH. Probably pops up once a fortnight, sometimes quicker. It’s an easy MoH to keep an eye out for.
I think that mission stops popping if you complete the quest that is part of the reward. So delete the queststarter, then you can get the mission multiple times. This is actually my main source of moh, via way too many alts...

I think that mission stops popping if you complete the quest that is part of the reward. So delete the queststarter, then you can get the mission multiple times. This is actually my main source of moh, via way too many alts...
This is correct. This used to be my method of farming MoH to buy tmogs. Like I have ~40 toons with their Legion Class Hall sufficiently advanced to get this mission.

It is every 2 weeks and it stays up for 5-7 days but not every class has a 2 week reset. Druid, for example, seems to be every ~3 weeks. There may be other exceptions.

But this isn't a solution for F2P because you're capped at level 20 and you need to get to level 45 to unlock class hall advancement far enough to get this quest.

Anyway, nowadays my MoH farming method is Comp Stomp, although it's not as lucrative or as quick as it once was. It's still better than any other option if, like me, you have zero interest in PvP.

the crate respawn timers seem to be largely accurate? if you stick around in a zone for a hour you will definitely witness atleast 2 crates drop, the thing is the timers only seems to be tied to one zone, meaning when the notification goes off it doesnt mean all the zones will get a crate drop

also, you can do it in the 2 bfa continents as well, only 3 crates in total but if you are in a dead phase you can cycle between DF and BFA zones and hopefully get enough honor

This is correct. This used to be my method of farming MoH to buy tmogs. Like I have ~40 toons with their Legion Class Hall sufficiently advanced to get this mission.

It is every 2 weeks and it stays up for 5-7 days but not every class has a 2 week reset. Druid, for example, seems to be every ~3 weeks. There may be other exceptions.

But this isn't a solution for F2P because you're capped at level 20 and you need to get to level 45 to unlock class hall advancement far enough to get this quest.

Anyway, nowadays my MoH farming method is Comp Stomp, although it's not as lucrative or as quick as it once was. It's still better than any other option if, like me, you have zero interest in PvP.
Thanks for confirming that it does stop popping if you do the quest. Howvr, the part about not working for f2p is incorrect; i am f2p, not subbed, not vet, never subbed, and i get the mission just fine, and hav gotten it on L11 chars. You do however need to get your champions up in level. I think the missions diff is around 850, and the moh is BONUS loot, so you'd want a 200% succes chance. Until you have champions geard w bonus chance of succes items 200 is hard to get. Paladins and monks and possibly other classes do have an advantage there, as one of their champions can get an item drop randomly from any missions that can be usd to give +20% succes-chance on another mission. Using those on all 3 champions on a mission can give you a nice +60% succes-chance.
A further complication for f2p is that afaik order ressources are a limited ressource for f2p, but i could b wrong. Either way you can farm a lot through quests and treasures, so its not a HUGE problem.

This is how the Legion Class Hall mission A Good Dust Up works:
  • Can be done on F2P, lv 10+ characters
  • Mission 1st pops up when you get a 3rd follower to 830+ armor level. HOWEVER, it really requires level 850+ followers to be successful
  • Once you get the mission, it will appear every 14 days from that date.
  • If mission is not accepted within 48 hrs of appearing, it will vanish and reappear on the next 14-day cycle date
  • After successful completion, delete the quest reward item that starts a quest. Quest will not reappear if quest item is in your inventory
  • If you fail to delete the quest item before the next 14-day cycle, you can still delete it and mission will appear again the following 14-day cycle
Mages cannot complete A Good Dust Up most of the time because they do not get a follower that can counter the Blizzard hazard.

You can control the date that the mission starts by not raising a 3rd follower to 830 until you are ready. I have a group of 6 alts that all have the mission ready on the same day. And another group that have the mission on a a different day. This makes it easy to keep up with.

Some other useful info:
Since you can control the date to start the mission cycle, accumulate armor level rewards and items BEFORE raising a 3rd follower to 830+. Items to equip on your followers: Vial of Timeless Breath and Lucky Doodad are great choices.

Rogues and Priests can get 5 followers as F2P, the other classes can only get 4. Evokers don't get class halls as of now.

Armor level "cap" is 900 for F2P accts. But it is possible to get them to 910 by accumulating armor set upgrades (+5, +10, +15). Get enough to raise follower to 895, then use an Invincible Armor Set to get to 910. A mission has an armor level requirement. Success chance decreases the lower your followers' armor level and increases with higher armor levels.

Last edited:
So I farmed these crates quite alot since TWW, yet I didn't figure out anything about the respawn rotations. However I think you can set up 2 chars, farming both non-chromie and chromie time. Atleast I got the impression it works separately. If you regulary log in with the 2 farmers, you can do quite some progress over time.

A further complication for f2p is that afaik order ressources are a limited ressource for f2p, but i could b wrong. Either way you can farm a lot through quests and treasures, so its not a HUGE problem.
You can farm order resources endlessly through dungeon chests, but that also means it relies on rng that dungeon chests will pop. I usually get my resources while farming highmountain and valarjar reps through nelth lair and maw of souls respectively. (putting on zookeeper enchant on shoulder while running these also gives me pet charms so it's a win win win)

also, if you're a warrior, you have 1 chance a week to get 1.5k resources if your skyhold arena chest decides to be nice.

Reactions: Jte
You can farm order resources endlessly through dungeon chests, but that also means it relies on rng that dungeon chests will pop.
Eye of Aszara is a good dungeon to farm resources. Have to kill 1st boss to spawn chest(s). There can be up to 3 chests spawned each run. Chests have 345-495 resources. There are 13 possible spawn points for the chests. I usually just check the 1st 8 then reset. It takes about 3.5 mins. per run.

Should also consider getting all the 1-time drops from the world rares and chests. Have the enchanting skill so you can disenchant any epic items for the Chaos crystals needed for the Mark of the Hidden Satyr neck enchants.

Reactions: Jte

Users who are viewing this thread