Making a F2P twink, what class should I pick?

MrZinty

Legend
Hello people, it's been a while.

I don't want to make a hunter because... well just because.

I was thinking either balance druid or warlock or something like that.

A class that's not played a lot but is still actually fun ...

Balance druid seems pretty cool and so does warlock but mages also sound good and I REALLY can't make my mind up. Once I do I will stick with it.

Also what faction should I pick/what faction has the best gear for the class...

My last question, where does everyone hang out on each faction.

Thanks in advance,

Cooldownz

Aerie Peak is popular in general for 20 twinks, any class/spec is good, whatever you want to play works!

MrZinty said:
Hello people, it's been a while.

I don't want to make a hunter because... well just because.

I was thinking either balance druid or warlock or something like that.

A class that's not played a lot but is still actually fun ...

Balance druid seems pretty cool and so does warlock but mages also sound good and I REALLY can't make my mind up. Once I do I will stick with it.

Also what faction should I pick/what faction has the best gear for the class...

My last question, where does everyone hang out on each faction.

Thanks in advance,

Cooldownz

If you're going caster horde has a better selection of gear and you will also get quicker queues there.

You should play the class/spec that you find most rewarding, and stick with it. Unless you play with healers often I would be wary of rolling a warlock however. Lack of any defensive capabilities, snares, or even a useful pet make the class exceptionally gimp. You end up being more of a fearbot than anything else.

Lock has to play in a group. Survivability sucks, but can be very helpful with fear. I love my mage. I've been seeing a lot more of those pop up. Hopefully not too many roll them, since I hate hitting other peoples DR on CCs, ie. sheep, which is also shared with sap. I'm not sure how balance druid is. I've had a few alliance druids try to dps my mage down lately and fail horribly. If you don't like a druids spec though you have 2 very different ones to pick. I got tired of getting stuck in snares as feral so went resto and loving it.

Parfait said:
Lock has to play in a group. Survivability sucks, but can be very helpful with fear. I love my mage. I've been seeing a lot more of those pop up. Hopefully not too many roll them, since I hate hitting other peoples DR on CCs, ie. sheep, which is also shared with sap. I'm not sure how balance druid is. I've had a few alliance druids try to dps my mage down lately and fail horribly. If you don't like a druids spec though you have 2 very different ones to pick. I got tired of getting stuck in snares as feral so went resto and loving it.

I feel like a good balance druid with some LOS options has the potential to be the most effective solo caster in this bracket. Stealth for a guaranteed opener, snare removal, great self heals, fantastic mobility, spamfire, and a spammable root.

I saw an excellent arcane mage hordeside the other day though; CC was spot on, played objectively, and his damage was quite good. Made me want to get rolling on my horde toons.

Gorillamode said:
I feel like a good balance druid with some LOS options has the potential to be the most effective solo caster in this bracket. Stealth for a guaranteed opener, snare removal, great self heals, fantastic mobility, spamfire, and a spammable root.

I saw an excellent arcane mage hordeside the other day though; CC was spot on, played objectively, and his damage was quite good. Made me want to get rolling on my horde toons.

We do have amazing mobility and it's hilarious to abuse it. Some 1.5k hp ret pala was destroying our team and I managed to solo him simply by dotting up, travel forming away and rejuving. Occasionally i'de throw in a starsurge when he started to run away. Regrowth and rejuv together are amazing.

I just don't understand why feral is so popular though. it can't be for damage because I haven't seem a feral out damage me yet it can't be for Killing blows because dots often get the KB.

I suppose they don't get targeted as much but whats the fun in that...

MrZinty said:
We do have amazing mobility and it's hilarious to abuse it. Some 1.5k hp ret pala was destroying our team and I managed to solo him simply by dotting up, travel forming away and rejuving. Occasionally i'de throw in a starsurge when he started to run away. Regrowth and rejuv together are amazing.

I just don't understand why feral is so popular though. it can't be for damage because I haven't seem a feral out damage me yet it can't be for Killing blows because dots often get the KB.

I suppose they don't get targeted as much but whats the fun in that...

I agree with all that, specially the gameplay.

That's why I went with resto druid, better than balance IMO :)

Users who are viewing this thread